Supplements to Keep the Immune System Strong?

Hi there, here’s what I take to keep my immune system strong. Did I miss anything? Shoul I remove something from the list? Btw, my gf thinks I’m crazy because I’m taking shitload of supplements. So, here’s the list: Vitamin C 1 gram, Omega 3 1000 mg, Magnesium Citrate, Coenzyme Q10, D vitamin, Zinc Chelate, Selenium, B Vitamins Complex, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and also standard bodybuilding supplements, such as whey, creatine, glutamine, pre workouts based on caffeine, beta-alanine, arginine and citrulline malate. Am I missing something? ::slight_smile:

You don’t mention whether you are as attentive to your nutrition as you are to your supplementation; are you eating healthy foods? How active are you? Are you ensuring that you receive an adequate amount of sleep?

1 Like

Hi @spiceweasel, thanks for the reply. Nutrition - very attentive, although I’ve got some not-so-healthy meals with my guys from time to time; Training - 4 times a week, a push/pull training system, high-intensity training; Sleep - not good, go to bad late, need to wake up relatively early, …

I take Astragalus root powder, vitamin c for immune system boosting sups. I’d also consider a probiotic.

The nutricost brand on amazon of the astragalus is lasting foreeever. Several months in and it seems ive barely made a dent in the tub. One would for sure last me fall to spring.

I also take a bunch of sups. DHEA, beet root powder, mens multivitamin, tri-amino’s for lifting, joint sups for lifting, was taking broloi polyphenols but didn’t re-buy (kills free-radicals), starting taking ashwaganda and dopamine boosting sups to help fix deca dick issues. Tumeric powder for anti-inflamation post workout healing, collagen, vitamin d-3, magnesium (stop muscle cramps), red panax (i love wasting money?), 5-htp (seretonin), Fish oil - pro tip. If you find something you like, setup automatic delivery with amazon and save 15%. it adds up.

I throw them all into my morning shake with huge scoop of protein, fresh spinach, frozen blueberries, PBfit, maybe a few frozen strawberries, half a banana. That’s my breakfast every morning. If you want it to be more filling, you can add uncooked oatmeal.

I just started taking a big boy pre-working i’m digging. Mr Hyde. I had one of those natural amino energy pre-workouts that was pretty much just caffeine and amino’s. Hyde is like C4 - gives you that face itching i either need to lift weights or murder somebody feeling.

1 Like

I’m a firm believer in the 90% rule for nutrition: Eat healthy at least 90% of the time (i.e., occasional cheaty meals are ok). If nutrition is taken care of, I would suggest focusing on improving your sleep. NO amount of supplementation will negate shitty sleep. Stop going to bed late… simple. Lack of sleep plays hell on the immune system.

3 Likes

In addition to what was already said for immune health, I take colloidal silver. Not all colloidal silver is the same, though. Sovereign Silver is a reputable brand that I’ve used for several years.

Another one is a blend of essential oils called Thieves made by Young Living. This can be applied to the bottom of the feet & absorbed through the skin, ingested in a capsule, or diffused.

Colloidal silver and Thieves are the two most potent supplements I use for helping prevent or overcome an illness but I only take these as needed.

1 Like

So, what if your immune system gets really strong but starts attacking the wrong stuff like your joint tissue, skin or organs?

1 Like

There are prescriptions for that (“prescribed supplementation”).

Quality sleep is huge. Can’t be overstated. But it’s not glamorous and no bro sciency ads

2 Likes

I can’t agree with you guys more, but how realistic is to get enough sleep nowadays especially if you have a job, a wife, kids to take care of and you definitely need some time for yourself, not only for the gym sessions…

All of those are priorities, as is taking care of yourself. I work long hours, I have a toddler, elderly parents who I help almost every day, 4 rescue dogs (who require more time than you would expect), I strength train 3-4x/week, and go to krav maga class 2x/week. I was not sleeping much until I started prioritizing sleep. Sleeping an adequate amount makes everything better. Trust me, you can make time for it.

2 Likes

@spiceweasel, congratulations on the organization of your time!

1 Like

Thank you! I sincerely hope that you can make it work as well. In addition to organization, it was also prioritization/sacrifice. We all have a certain amount of time in which we can do what we enjoy, but we can’t do everything. I essentially made a mental list of priorities and decided which ones simply would not fit into that amount of time. It doesn’t change much, but there is always some flexibility.

1 Like

hoes does it feel to eat more pills than food ?

How does it feel to be a jerk?

Your mad because you know thats stupid as fuck lol

You think it’s stupid and you’ve got the right to think so. I don’t think it’s stupid.

• N-Acetyl Cysteine
  • Glutathione
  • Curcumin
  • Probiotic
  • Saccharomyces boulardii

Lastly, drinking a shit ton of water. 3 years ago I committed to drinking 6L/day. I haven’t gotten sick once since. I used to get sick a few times a year.

1 Like

Thanks, @jskrabac

Sleep and avoiding alcohol make the biggest difference, everyone missing the link between hangover and immune suppression.
Update: Consider taking Zinc lozenges if you really want to reduce systemic inflammation and boost your immune system.

1 Like