Supplements to Boost Energy & Help with Fatigue?

I currently take omega fish oil, biotin, collagen, vitamin D, astaxanthin, vitamin c. I’m planning on adding NAC, magnesium and zinc .
I usually take all of them together on an empty stomach. Most of the time I’m tired (even after a good night’s sleep) , are there any supplements that would help fight it?
Also should I add something new? Thx in advance.

2 Likes

You mentioned the ones I was gonna say (fish oil, C & D).

Do grab that magnesium! I started that a few months ago and I have way less fluttery leg/hip cramps at night so I can rest better and I don’t have to pound tons of water all day to feel hydrated.

Electrolytes in general have helped my energy levels. I’ve been sipping coconut water during my workouts and they seem to take less out of me.

2 Likes

What’s up with your food?

Are you eating enough, or are you following some strange protocol that maybe needs to be adjusted?

1 Like

Are you doing at least 150 minutes of serious cardio with some effort a week?

1 Like

Magnesium helps me…. Bc it helps me sleep

1 Like

What do you think are the reasons why you are tired all the time? Please tell me/us more about your age, diet, training and stress. Something tells me this is not (only) a matter of supplementation.

Have you ever considered consulting a doctor, to rule out any medical issues? The obvious ones being thyroid illness, iron deficiency or deficiency in B12/folic acid. To rule out anemia and diabetes also comes to mind.

2 Likes

thanks for replies. i’m 23yo, 180cm tall, 82kg a beginner and have done work out for 10 weeks
Day 1 – Push (Quad, Chest, Triceps)
Day 2 – Pull (Hamstrings, Glutes, Back, Biceps)
Day 3 – Push (Shoulders, Chest, Triceps)
Day 4 – Pull (Hamstrings, Glutes, Back, Biceps)
Day 5 – Push (Quad, Chest, Abs)
Day 6 – Pull (Hamstrings, Glutes, Back)
Day 7 – Bonus (Biceps, Triceps, Abs, Shoulders)
Everything is normal, but i don’t know why i feel that my energy is run out of quickly. May be i’m using these supplements in a wrong way??

1 Like

What does an average workout look like for you? Unless they are extremely low volume it’s no wonder you’re tired all the time. Especially if you’ve been consistent for 10 weeks!

My advice is to switch to a Full Body 3x/week (or an Upper/Lower split) and then bask in your superior strength and muscle gains.

You grow outside of the gym with proper rest and recovery.

3 Likes

Obviously, you are overtrained. Take an entire week off training, and proceed with a more balanced program with more rest days. You simply can’t expect continued progression on almost everyday training (at your level). For comparison, what would happen if you did any other activity with a similar frequency?

Make a mental note to read more about deloading.

Adding: Your approach reminds me not just a little compared with new years resolution training. For approx 3 months the gym is filled with new, enthusiastic trainees. Then us regulars are alone again. (Be careful!)

2 Likes

I’m also interested in what exercises, sets and reps a workout usually consists of. There are programs with 6 days a week, but what is written is really a lot of work for the week in my opinion. Not that there aren’t people who train this way, but they are not beginners.

You are tired because you are overtraining. Why are you training 7 days a week?

I would agree with this. Often times when it comes to training, more isn’t better, more is just more. We have all been ther where we want results and feel like we need to train harder, do more, and taking a rest is being “lazy”. But training sessions are only as effective as you can recover from before the next session.

Personally, I was training hard 4-5x a week for years, and would just get burned up after a couple months and switch programs. I felt anxious and lazy about taking days off. Now, I train very hard every other day, and add in low intensity cardio/neural charge training in between, but ALWAYS take 1 day per week completely off. Overall feeling MUCH better, sleep energy, and sex drive as well as mood are much improved. I would recommend this to anyone, especially if feeling burned up.

Think of your fitness and health more as a marathon where you want to be able to repeat these efforts consistently over your whole lifespan, rather than trying to win a race. Don’t feel bad about taking a rest, you are working harder than 95% of the general population anyway. Good work man. Reward your body with some rest.

3 Likes

yeah, I think you guys right, I never realized this was a thing

To solidify it in your head even more, here is a wonderful excerpt from a Christian Thibaudeau article.

Let’s move away from science and look at the real world. Consider every successful bodybuilder, strongman athlete, or powerlifter. Heck, you can even include other athletes like American football players and throwers.

None of them lift seven days a week. Pretty much none of them lift six days a week. Some will lift five days a week, and many of them will weight-train four days a week.

“Yeah, but most of them are on steroids!”

Probably. But what do steroids do? They increase protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment (among other things), allowing the user to recover faster. This means they can train more frequently than natural lifters and get results.

So if these highly anabolic athletes – who are recovering at a rapid pace – only do four workouts per week, what business do you have doing seven?

2 Likes

thanks guy

I personally did experiment with a lot of supplements. tried couple of hundreds of them to help fatigue. I definitely do have some personal experience. 95% are nothing more then expensive urine. there is no 1 size fits all.
I could barely go to the gym more then 2x a week, i would be so wiped.
that changed dramatically when i started TRT. i can go easily 5-6days a week now (mostly do 4)
I am on 180mg T/week now. that plus good sleep + adequate protein intake will go long ways.
stay away from ALL seed oils. reduce grains. dump most processed foods. focus on meat/organs/fruit.
I eat a heavy meat diet + supplement with pea protein (can’t do whey).
on the supplement side, I highly recommend Jarrows NAC sustain (back on amazon now)
your other obvious choices are vit D/magnesium
good luck

1 Like