Supplements to Avoid

Supplements really help me, Im trying to gain mass, when i go a month on supplements i will gain 12-15 lbs then i will go the next month off, eating the same amount doing everything the same and i might gain 4lbs. after doing that several times, i always use supplements. Supplements=protein, BCAA, Surge Workout Fuel, Surge Recovery.

Medium Chain Triglycerides.

I bought this with the idea that I’d get some good fats from this without having to eat cheese or take shots of oil. Bad idea.

It made me have liquid shit EVERY TIME I tried it (three days in 1 week with about a day off between).

Waste o money.

Not something you should avoid, but monitor is caffeines. It’s pretty much in most Pre-workout & fat loss formulas. Also in other forums of ingredients.

[quote]on edge wrote:
AzCats wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
on edge wrote:
For me, Melatonin. I’ve gone off and on it enough times to be absolutely certain it causes my elbow tendonitis to flare up.

Btw, does anyone know why this might be?

This is happening because your trying to fall asleep right? It may be from your being able to sense it more not necessarily causing it to flare up.

Just my thinking. I may be wrong tho.
I also have elbow tendonitis and take 1 melatonin every night 10 min before bedtime. I have not noticed any difference in inflammation or pain increase.

Funny thing is is i have tendonitis in other places that it doesn’t have nay effect on.[/quote]

Maybe you sleep so damn well on it that you sleep on your arm more.

I always thought the stuff by Anabolic Xtreme is dodgy and probably dangerous, it really annoys me too because I hear people saying “my friend died from protein shakes” when in fact if they did die at all it was probably from dangerous supplements like that.

This is a great thread that can all probably really benifit from. I’m presently looking for a good protein power. There is so much stuff out there on the market and they all make outragous claims. Any in put on this subject will help many of us.

[quote]SuperHuman25 wrote:
Supplements really help me, Im trying to gain mass, when i go a month on supplements i will gain 12-15 lbs then i will go the next month off, eating the same amount doing everything the same and i might gain 4lbs. after doing that several times, i always use supplements. Supplements=protein, BCAA, Surge Workout Fuel, Surge Recovery.[/quote]

12-15lbs is a hell of a lot in one month.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
NO products.

Just plain don’t work.

I like them as a good stimulant to start my workout (don’t use it for every workout). Other than that I’m not expecting muscle gain (as many state). My friends go nuts taking it I always tell them “Once you go off of them you’ll feel flat”. [/quote]

I also use NO products, they aren’t magic but I can definitely tell the difference when I’m doing sixty second rest periods. I’ll drag ass without a stimulant on those sessions.

[quote]GeoBob wrote:
This is a great thread that can all probably really benifit from. I’m presently looking for a good protein power. There is so much stuff out there on the market and they all make outragous claims. Any in put on this subject will help many of us. [/quote]

Grow! by Biotest (available at the T-Nation store) and Metabolic Drive Low Carb and Regular Metabolic Drive. And I agree with Chi-Towns-Finest on the ON gold standard, takes the cake in the taste category.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
NO products.

Just plain don’t work.

I like them as a good stimulant to start my workout (don’t use it for every workout). Other than that I’m not expecting muscle gain (as many state). My friends go nuts taking it I always tell them “Once you go off of them you’ll feel flat”.

I also use NO products, they aren’t magic but I can definitely tell the difference when I’m doing sixty second rest periods. I’ll drag ass without a stimulant on those sessions.[/quote]

Do you use beta alanine? It kicks ass for rest periods, and I feel it is one of the best bag for your buck supplements. I used to take NO products, but would get cold sores, so I guess I’m not the foremost expert on their effects, as my experience was short term.

NO products work pretty well but i feel some people over estimate their effectiveness, look for ridiculous results and so any subtle effects go unnoticed. I save them for specific workouts or simply when im wrecked.
To be honest, most supps offer some benefits. If i had the necessary income, id go nuts on them. Always got whey, casein, glut and BCAAs. Cant remember anything i bought that was complete rubbish. Possibly GABA

So, I’m curious…while were on the topic…what effect does taking other supplements (in the long run) have on the liver, kidneys and gut?

I’ve been consistently taking these for over 5 years now:

Whey
Creatine (on and off)
BCAAs
Glutamine
Glucosamine
Fish oils
Tribulus
ZMA
Multi vit/min

anyone ever used CARB-GEL ?

the shit runners use and stuff in marathons?

ive never used it, but im sure it tastes like ass in a pouch

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:
anyone ever used CARB-GEL ?

the shit runners use and stuff in marathons?

ive never used it, but im sure it tastes like ass in a pouch [/quote]

Most of that stuff is just high fructose corn syrup and some salt, like cooked down gatorade. unless you’re really doing some endurance work, i’d avoid it.

[quote]on edge wrote:
For me, Melatonin. I’ve gone off and on it enough times to be absolutely certain it causes my elbow tendonitis to flare up.

Btw, does anyone know why this might be?[/quote]

Hmmm…I have bursitis in my shoulder. I am gonna lay off the melatonin to see if my pain subsides.