T Nation

Supplements Timing

I'm just starting to get into working out and I bought all these supplements. I was originally looking for a protein powder, but there was this huge sale online and it led me to put more items in my cart than I had intended haha. Anyways, here's what arrived: L-Glutamine, L-Arginine/L-Ornithine, Omega-3 Fish Oil, and BCAA powder.

Here's where it might get tricky. My workout schedule is going to be in the early morning. Basically, I'm going to wake up at 6:00 and be at the gym by 7am. I will have breakfast before going, and will not be able to eat after until 1:00pm. When is the best time to take each supplement?

Thanks in advance!

L-Arginine and bcaa before
bcaa after and glutamine I guess (over rated supp unless gut health is an issue)
fish oil that night
not sure about L-Ornithine

No whey or any kind of protein powder?

Since you're just starting, most of this stuff probably just. won't. matter.

hopefully you got a protein powder too. I'd probably recommend that before and after workout. arginine before (like dnld said).

BCAA if you want to do otherwise-fasted training.

don't know anything about ornithine, and I'm not sure if glutamine really matters.

Thank you for your replies. I do realize that I can probably make gains without any of that stuff, since I'm fairly new ..there's only one way I CAN go right? Haha. I was just concerned about the huge gaps in between my meal times and so I figured I'd take supplements to sort of even out the nutrients. And yeah, I got whey protein. I'll follow your advice guys, thanks again.