Supplements Question

Hi, I have been lifting for 2 years and started a good diet a year and a half ago. I’ve never taken supplement except whey protein for my post-workout.

I am 19 years old and my current weight is 180lbs 5’11" and trying to put some lean mass and good strenght. My body type is a mix of mesomorph and endomorph.

So, my question is, what would be the 2 best supplements to use with the whey protein for my kind of body and my objectives.

thanks

Also, I’ve read couple post about supplements but wasn’t able to figure out which one were the best 2 to buy. There was too many choices

I’d keep it simple and start with Creatine monohydrate and Flameout.

no supplement will magically put on mass unless you are eating enough calories to fuel muscle growth. However, beyond simply eating more food, I would suggest a basic creatine monohydrate (5g per day) and perhaps a power workout carb/protein drink.

Surge is good, but if you’re on a budget then GROW whey + simple carbs (like maltodextrin) will work just as well IMO.

but the biggest thing is FOOD, don’t neglect that.

Yeah I’m actually eating every 3 hours or so, I’ve made some good results in 2 years (lose some fat and gain some muscles)

What about BCAA’s I’ve heard a lot about these supplements and some people at my gym use them. thanks

BCAAs are in protein (1 scoop of whey protein for example typically contains ~5g of BCAAs) So if you are eating sufficient protein (which is about .8g/lb BW or more) then you’re getting enough BCAAs. Supplementing with more wont do much of anything.

The only time BCAA’s would be worth it is on a hypocaloric (below maintenance) diet without sufficient protein intake (but you shouldn’t be eating like that anyway)

[quote]Vrkr wrote:
Yeah I’m actually eating every 3 hours or so, I’ve made some good results in 2 years (lose some fat and gain some muscles)[/quote]

That’s a good place to start, but it does not say ‘what’ and ‘how much’ you eat every three hours. If you want to gain lean mass, you have to have an effective lifting program and increased calories. That’s unavoidable. You will gain a little fat no matter what, but it’s a fear you need to overcome.

Otherwise, as said before, whey isolate and creatine monohydrate. Simple, cheap, proven.

Flammeout for the omega3 supplements? And what about fish oil? I’ve heard a lot about these.

thx again

Flameout is fish oil + CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). If your gains have slowed eat some more. On the supp side of things, try creatine (its soo inexpensive). BCAA’s are more effective in bulk and thats expensive. Fish oil is a wonder supp and should be taken no matter your goals.