Supplements On Empty Stomach?

Hey guys, new to the site so I apologize if this has already been answered. How long after you injest a supplement that indicates “Take on an empty stomach” can you eat food?

The reason I ask this is my time is limited in the morning so I’ll take my supplements and then go work out all on the empty stomach which is great, but, when I get home I am so starved I feel like puking and it takes me a nibble at a time to ease myself into a post work out meal/protein shake. If I have a little someting in my stomach, I can avoid this, but, I do not want to dilute the effects of the supplements. Any and all information is appreciated.

pretty sure its about 30 mins, do you not eat throughout the day?

It sounds like you’re sacraficing your diet in favor of supplementation, which is not what you want to do.

Eat when you need to eat and fit supplements in when you can.

[quote]mkelly wrote:
pretty sure its about 30 mins, do you not eat throughout the day?[/quote]

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
It sounds like you’re sacraficing your diet in favor of supplementation, which is not what you want to do.

Eat when you need to eat and fit supplements in when you can.[/quote]

I do eat small meals throughout the day…A bunch of fruit…Eating is not my problem…I definitely eat…Its just when I wake up in the morning, I like to take the supplements for a burst of energy for the gym…Or to feel the effects during workout…Thats why we buy supplememnts right?..Whether its the placebo effect or not…

Brian…are you suggesting I eat…go to the gym…THEN take supplements when my food is pretty much digested so it’ll be an empty stomach? The only thing that throws me is time in the morning…I eat plenty…don’t worry about that…Its just not much time in the morning to wait to eat…then wait to digest…THEN go to the gym before I have to go to work…

I’m looking around for a good diet in which I can follow portions and variety that may be written out on a daily basis that I can follow…Any info on that I’m all ears…

[quote]RFitzy80 wrote:
mkelly wrote:
pretty sure its about 30 mins, do you not eat throughout the day?

Mod Brian wrote:

Eat when you need to eat and fit supplements in when you can.

I do eat small meals throughout the day…A bunch of fruit…Eating is not my problem…I definitely eat…Its just when I wake up in the morning, I like to take the supplements for a burst of energy for the gym…Or to feel the effects during workout…Thats why we buy supplememnts right?..Whether its the placebo effect or not…

Brian…are you suggesting I eat…go to the gym…THEN take supplements when my food is pretty much digested so it’ll be an empty stomach? The only thing that throws me is time in the morning…I eat plenty…don’t worry about that…Its just not much time in the morning to wait to eat…then wait to digest…THEN go to the gym before I have to go to work…

I’m looking around for a good diet in which I can follow portions and variety that may be written out on a daily basis that I can follow…Any info on that I’m all ears…

[/quote]

Hes suggesting just take the darn stuff and dont stress so much over the empty stomach. sure try and take them a few hours post meal and or 30 mins prior but it aint a perfect world and some supps are actually better with food

Phill