T Nation

Supplements Make Me More Hungry

I tried different ones. Last one I tried was: EAS Lean 15- protein powder. I feel super hungry all day after I take it.
These below give me super energy at the gym. I love it but afterwards, again, I feel super hungry, and I eat. (I try to I watch what I eat) but still, I end up gaining lots of weight.
-C4 Extreme
-Combat
My stomach hurts from eating so much and then 1 hr later I am hungry again, feels like my belly is about to explode. I might as well pull a chair by the fridge... So I stopped taking them, but I wish I found one that didn't do that. Anyone else with this issue?

I tried other ones too, with same result. :frowning:
At one point I replaced the food when I had the hunger with juicing. I felt like drinking the juice every 1/2 hr. Still stomach was feeling so full, like it was about to explode. Especially when I had in the mix Carrot juice...

Any suggestions, please :slightly_smiling: (I am kind of new to this, so be kind :slightly_smiling: tyvm

Kai-Vanka

Maybe it’s giving you reactive hypoglycemia. If you are having a reaction like that just stop taking it all, get your nutrients from whole food sources. The C4 supplement also seems the most questionable.

Some people find artificial sweeteners to make them hungier, especially their sweet tooth.

I’m guessing its the protein. Anytime I take a protein powder, I am never “full”. I always end up eating more at my next meal. I’ve used C4 and BCAA with no hunger.

OP Maybe you should try eating a boiled potato with your shake.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Maybe it’s giving you reactive hypoglycemia. If you are having a reaction like that just stop taking it all, get your nutrients from whole food sources. The C4 supplement also seems the most questionable. [/quote]