Supplements In One's Diet...

What are some of the supplements/ vitamins that should or need to be taken? Anything must have (protein powder, creatine aside…) ? Thanks.

The past couple of years, I’ve come to really rely on Flameout and Curcumin. Originally for my joints, but also (from the Flameout), better overall body comp from all of the omega 3’s). I think most people on here don’t need to be convinced of the efficacy of fish oils for healthy (body comp and performance) benefits.

I’ve also starting using the Mineral Support a few months ago during a contest prep, where I was feeling very run down. I haven’t taken a multi vitamin in a long while, because to be honest, I never really noticed any difference. Well, with the minerals before bed, I not only slept better, but felt a difference when I awoke. Definitely staying in my daily supplement intake.

S

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Being 37 now, I feel more little aches & pains than I used to. I also, have never really payed much attention to supplements (nor have the knowledge), except for protein powder & creatine.

I do not do any contest lifting, but am as dedicated if not more now than ever before, so any help in recovering, overall health etc… is great.

Using the search function would be of great help to you also, as your questions has been thoughfully discussed many times (both in articles and threads).

Personally, I think supplements are well named and should be recognized as such. The most important elements of achieving the physique you desire are diet and training, and those should be of utmost importance. Supplements can and do aid those two facets, but to often people get sidetracked by the “magic supplement” search and fail to dedicate themselves to a high level of training and diet.

I think keeping you supplements simple (I only use a multi, vit d, calcium, fish oil, and digestive enzymes) is the way to go, as focusing most of your time and energy on diet and workout regiment will go a lot further than endlessly searching for the next wonder powder.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I think keeping you supplements simple (I only use a multi, vit d, calcium, fish oil, and digestive enzymes) is the way to go, as focusing most of your time and energy on diet and workout regiment will go a lot further than endlessly searching for the next wonder powder.[/quote]
Agreed.

I take a Multivitamin and fish oil supp. Whey Powder as well.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Using the search function would be of great help to you also, as your questions has been thoughfully discussed many times (both in articles and threads).

Personally, I think supplements are well named and should be recognized as such. The most important elements of achieving the physique you desire are diet and training, and those should be of utmost importance. Supplements can and do aid those two facets, but to often people get sidetracked by the “magic supplement” search and fail to dedicate themselves to a high level of training and diet.

I think keeping you supplements simple (I only use a multi, vit d, calcium, fish oil, and digestive enzymes) is the way to go, as focusing most of your time and energy on diet and workout regiment will go a lot further than endlessly searching for the next wonder powder.[/quote]

Thanks. To be honest, I am not looking for any wonder powder :slight_smile: . However I was just curious, if their were “basic” staples one should have , or what others use/suggest.

I keep my diet as “clean” as I can, and am very happy with my training. I guess as I get older, I’m more concerned about overall health / recovery issues etc.

Protein powder(a blend most likely)
Creatine Mono

Those are what just about everyone can/should take regardless of goal for “performance”

Healthy Fats(Fish Oil, D3, etc)
Multi Vitamin/Mineral
Fiber

These should most likely find there way into your plan in terms of an overall heatlh benefit.

What you need beyond that is up to your goals and budget.

Yes of course fish oil. I have totally forgotten about getting some, or a healthy fat mixture. I suppose getting a “greens supplement” would be good aswell, though I do eat lots of fruit & veggies.