Supplements In NZ

I don’t used Horleys supps, but I was talking to a gym owner about a year ago, who is in his 60’s and claimed to have the inside word on Horleys and told me they use very inferior portein to keep their cost down. He told me Horleys whey protein wasn’t even whey. I don’t know if it’s true or not.

I don’t use Horleys purely because I got a free sample and it wouldn’t mix without a large blender.

I do use Horleys Replace drink powder, for electrolytes, but it has no protein.

I use Leppin Pro4 Protein, which tates really great, vanilla or choc, and mixes super easy, you bearly need to stir it. It is a combination of 4 types of protein.

They also do a Muscle version which has carbs in it.

I find Leppin the best value for money.

Other than Protein I use all Biotest supps.

[quote]iwilde wrote:
I believe that Horleys is desighned for the supermarket shopping Mums on a diet week.[/quote]

I have the same feeling about this shopping Mums thing too, perhaps Horleys can be found in Supermarket?

Geek boy

[quote]Lifer wrote:
Regarding Horleys, I think I used some of their “wieght gainer” type products about 10 years ago. Nasty taste, nasty consistency. All around nasty (IMO).
[/quote]

Kia Ora Lifer,

Most protein shakes tasted bad in those days anyway! I having using Horley’s ICE Whey recently - can’t say it is extremely effective but it tastes good IMO.

Time to try Grow!

Geek boy

[quote]Chris (NZ) wrote:
I don’t used Horleys supps, but I was talking to a gym owner about a year ago, who is in his 60’s and claimed to have the inside word on Horleys and told me they use very inferior portein to keep their cost down. He told me Horleys whey protein wasn’t even whey. I don’t know if it’s true or not. [/quote] tell the old fool to fuck himself.
Horleys is owned by NZ Milk, a subsidary of Fonterra

[quote]geekboy wrote:
iwilde wrote:
I believe that Horleys is desighned for the supermarket shopping Mums on a diet week.

I have the same feeling about this shopping Mums thing too, perhaps Horleys can be found in Supermarket?

Geek boy[/quote]

most supplemnet manufacturers want to place their prodcuts on the supermarket shelf. Bbrs are a small population, cant make money trying to rely on them alone. Miada, leppin etc included.

You’re from Ireland cycomiko, how do you know about a totaly NZ brand? The only way to buy Miada is by going to their store in Newton Rd AK or by ordering online at miada.co.nz. I’ll coment on Irish products if I ever have the chance to live their, but with the way the Lions play I wont be going any time soon

[quote]iwilde wrote:
You’re from Ireland cycomiko, how do you know about a totaly NZ brand?[/quote]

ignorance is bliss

cycomiko, why do you keep changing your profile to say you are from different countries?

I’ve seen you use Japan, Ireland and now the Czech Republic.

Do you travel alot, or just like messing with people?

Also, do you work for Horleys?

hi folks,

i prefer online ordering where possible… so, get some supps from the states.

whey protein concentrate is abundant here but there are some real dags (like horleys, eh?). i only use ion-exchanged isolate form.

i did find, however, what appears to be a high quality whey protein isolate by nutra-life:

sport.nutralife.co.nz/ViewProduct.aspx?id=297

i haven’t tried it yet… has anyone? comments?

cheers-

Ive been using Miada products extensively over the last year and find them great.
Namely their protein powders,Omega-EFA,
Joint Reform and Tribulus.

Hieronymous,

I did. Tastes nasty and doesn’t dissolve well. The 4kg bucket one do not have additional favour, which tastes even worse than the same stuff that comes in a smaller size with favour. I switched to Horley’s ICE whey from that just for the taste.

Since everyone on board is praising Miada, I may as well give it a try.

Geek boy

[quote]Chris (NZ) wrote:

Do you travel alot, or just like messing with people?

Also, do you work for Horleys?
[/quote]

the world is my oyster

Dont work for horleys… they make some reasonable products, as do nutralife (whos flavouring seem odd as shit), leppin makes some nice but also has flavour issues… I have imported some from the states that taste good.

[quote]Breakdown wrote:
I’m travelling in Wellington and Auckland for the next 2 weeks - does anybody know any good pay as you go gyms that I could use or any good restaurants?[/quote]

hey Break.
yeah man their are is a fair number of gyms in Auckland.
Clive Greens in New market
Colloseum (mt eden)
Les Mills (central city)
YMCA (Central City)

as far as restaurants go if you are serious about portions, go to subway. otherwise check the pages when you get here. theres thousands here