Supplements For Under 18?

What supplements are safe (from this site) for while one is still growing. Some of them say only 18 and over and I am not 18. Why would it be different for someone who is under 18?

I know I might get advice like just lift you don’t need supplements till you are not making gains but you do not need to say that I am not one of those idiots who barely lifts weights and just buys any supplements from bodybuilding.com that they have money for (bout 90% of kids in my high school)I am just curious about what is unsafe to take while I am still growing.

In my opinion: of course all the proteins, including Surge, BCAA, Beta-7, Flameout, ZMA, Rez-V, and Creatine. I feel confident enough that I allow my 17 year old to use these.

Protein supplements, vitamins, minerals, and FISH OIL… I think the ones additionally mentioned by the last poster should be fine, although I’m not familiar enough with all of them to recommend.

But regarding fish oil, I don’t think I’ve read an article on nutrition in the last year that hasn’t mentioned the benefits of fish oil. Personally I recently upped my intake from 3-4 grams per day, to taking 4-5 tablespoons of “Omega-3 Fish Oil” (w/o A&D vitamins) per day, as well as 2.75g of cod liver oil.

[quote]piper1 wrote:
In my opinion: of course all the proteins, including Surge, BCAA, Beta-7, Flameout, ZMA, Rez-V, and Creatine. I feel confident enough that I allow my 17 year old to use these.[/quote]

Damn, does he pay for those? lol

To the OP, exactly how old are you? Being 14 or 17 is quite the difference.

If you’re under 18, just stick with Metabolic Drive and Surge to help you nail your diet down.

If you’re skinny, opt for Metabolic Drive Complete for the extra carbs.

14,15 soon but have not grown much yet but think I have just started a growth spurt, I take fish oil already. I am mostly curiouse because some things say you have to be over 18 that seem safe like ZMA but REZ-V witch seems like it would mess with one’s hormoes who is still growing does not. I might be wrong though which is why I am asking.

Start eating the Chocolate Chunk protein bars like its going out of style…man I loved candy bars at 14!

[quote]njwrestler22 wrote:
14,15 soon I take fish oil already. I am mostly curiouse because some things say you have to be over 18 that seem safe like ZMA and REZ-V witch seems like it would mess with one’s hormoes who is still growing does not. I might be wrong though witch is why I am asking. [/quote]

ZMA is fine for under 18. It’s only Zinc and Magnesium and not some kind of pro-hormone. Sure, you may not get much out of it because you may already have good T-levels at your age, but it may help you sleep better. Besides, most people are deficient.

Other things you could use (besides good food and training, of course) would be:

Metabolic Drive (low carb or Complete)
Surge
Grow! Whey
Creatine
Flameout
Metabolic Drive Bars
BCAA’s

Stick with the basics…now and even when you’re over 18.

Some of the specialized supplements for those over 18 are best for specific people or purposes, and in most cases, you won’t ever need them.

I keep my supplement use very basic now(yes, I’ve already been the dumb kid that bought stuff that was supposed to be awesome and change my physique over night - HMB, Androstendione, etc.).

All I use now are:

Metabolic Drive (low carb)
Surge
Flameout or Sam’s Club fish oils
Greens +
ZMA
Creatine

That covers pretty much everything you really need.

My son is 15, about 255 at 6’1" and plays d-line. I’m thinking of putting him on creatine after his 16th, in a month.

Comments, suggestions? Would CEE be better than creatine mono?

Cost is no object, btw.

I’m 19 and Ive used some dumb stuff in my life, trust me you might think your real smart at 14 and I’m sure you are mature above the rest but you have a LOT of growing to do. I thought I was pretty smart at 14. YEAH RIGHT. Taking anything but a multi, fish oil, and protein would be pretty dumb.

I was that kid when I was 17 taking HMB and other crazy shit, including real tame test boosters. and you know what? It didnt do shit. Just eat good and bust your ass and youll get huge starting this early in your life.

Not Spike.

Ok, thanks for the answers. My only other question is if REV-Z would be safe because that says nothing about being under 18 and seems like it has a hell of a lot of benefits.

Are there any supplements that are good for grown adults but bad for teenagers? Besides steroids and fat burning pills?