Supplements For Swimming

What supplements should I take 30 minutes before a meet, or during the meet?

I would have to say Spike, or Caffeine-free Spike, Power Drive, BCAAs and maybe a 1/2 to 1 scoop of Surge.

That is what I use when I know I am going to have a long grueling workout and want the best performance possible.

Olesya
www.musclewithattitude.com

That is a complicated question and depends on how many heats you are going to be swimming in, your individual metabolism, diet, etc.

generally speaking, here are the applicable supps:

Beta-7 should be used as directed. during exercise, BCAA, creatine, and Surge are the best options, prior, you could use Spike/Power Drive or caffeine-free Spike/Power Drive/HOT-ROX extreme.

Uh… fish oil?

fish oil is part of one’s meals to round out healthy fats. some around here consider it an essential and not a supplement. no doubt it should be taken, but the question addresses competition nutrition and the 30 minutes preceding. these are not usually times when fish oil is taken. along with the post competition meal, definately.

Take the cheapest whey powder that you can find.

It will gas you up, which will allow you to float higher in the water. This should produce less resistance and make you a much faster swimmer.

Good Luck.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
fish oil is part of one’s meals to round out healthy fats. some around here consider it an essential and not a supplement. no doubt it should be taken, but the question addresses competition nutrition and the 30 minutes preceding. these are not usually times when fish oil is taken. along with the post competition meal, definately.[/quote]

It was a joke…

BETA-7 + Creatine possibly?

Carbolin 19 increases vo2 max