Supplements for Sleep Deprived

I would take Spike only when really needed. I took it Mon-Fri for a few weeks and at the end I felt pretty depleted.
Occasionally though (during an exam or such) seems fine.

Tribulus too - only if really needed.

Oh, by the way - fish oil and CLA, you can combine them in one product: Flameout. :wink:

[quote]florin wrote:
I would take Spike only when really needed. I took it Mon-Fri for a few weeks and at the end I felt pretty depleted.
Occasionally though (during an exam or such) seems fine.

Tribulus too - only if really needed.

Oh, by the way - fish oil and CLA, you can combine them in one product: Flameout. ;-)[/quote]

im thinking ill just take Spike on the days of night shift, once upon waking & 2 at the start of the shift. my only prob is its recommended to use for days straight to see max benefit whereas ill only need 2-3 days p/wk. The other days i can HotRox for energy boosting…

i think the lack of sleep will cause a decrease in test, although im young, i dont want it to dip.

Flameout is the real deal, im just finishing what products ive got - im from Australia so i have to order months supplies at a time, then im low on $$$ i have to pick something up locally while the next shipment arrives…

You might also want to look at diet if you haven’t already. Keeping a relatively constant blood sugar throughout the day will go a long way to making you feel full of energy even when sleep deprived.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
im thinking ill just take Spike on the days of night shift, once upon waking & 2 at the start of the shift. my only prob is its recommended to use for days straight to see max benefit whereas ill only need 2-3 days p/wk.[/quote]

I’m not sure where that recommendation comes from, but in my case the biggest effect is the very first day. After that, it goes gently downhill. After I take a break, it’s strong again.

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
You might also want to look at diet if you haven’t already. Keeping a relatively constant blood sugar throughout the day will go a long way to making you feel full of energy even when sleep deprived. [/quote]

diet will prob be the most important factor. my basic diet is about 3 shakes & 3 meals p/day. 1 meal of fish, eggs & veggies, 1 of red meat & veggies & 1 of chicken & veggies. all meat is grilled & all veggie steamed. Casein part of last shake, brekky shake is protein, oats, fruit & flax & post-workout shakes are 2:1 simple carbs to WPI.