Supplements for Maximum Recovery

At the moment the only supplement I am using is Whey protein. I need some supplements for muscle recovery.
Any brands or suggestions?

Surge Recovery.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about buying SURGE Recovery.
Flameout has also come to mind.
Anything else? Does L-Glutamine work?

Anaconda…may as well use the best one.

Personally, I think that proper peri-workout nutrition is key to optimal muscle recovery. I use the full Anaconda protocol.
If you are on a budget, I’d suggest Surge Recovery and have it 15 minutes prior and then during workouts, instead of after workouts (read Thib’s thread about peri-workout nutrition).
Have some of your whey protein 60 minutes after workouts.
Cheers,
Para

Whey goes within 60min of every workout, and on off days I take Whey twice that same day.(perhaps three)
Surge sounds like something I’d go with, and I have planned on getting it for a while. Yeah, I’ll probably get it.

I’m getting Surge Recovery.

Any comments on L-Glutamine?

L-glutamine sucks IMO

im taking MHP l-glutamine, and it works but with about 15-20grams dose (i had about 85kg)
i saw researches about l-glutamine and all of them show that it doesn’t help you building muscles.

I have taken ALRi Regeneration-X and it was good, but tastes like shit…
bcaa’s are the best! :wink:

cheers.

well

i think that glutamine isn’t necessary
you can buy more, more effective supplements for this money

Surge should be a staple if you are not on Anaconda IMO. (I think we’d all agree on that)

Monday is my first day back in the GYM since my shoulder op Dec 9th. I just ordered some Flameout and Curcumin 500 to aid in my rehabilitation.

From what I’ve read Flameout, Curcumin, and Superfood is the way to go. I’ll let ya know how it goes.

Good luck.

[quote]Rtz wrote:
im taking MHP l-glutamine, and it works but with about 15-20grams dose (i had about 85kg)
i saw researches about l-glutamine and all of them show that it doesn’t help you building muscles.

I have taken ALRi Regeneration-X and it was good, but tastes like shit…
bcaa’s are the best! :wink:

cheers.[/quote]
I just want to recover fast so I can have my next workout without problems.

I’m definately ordering Flameout now. And I read that L-Glutamine is not effective, but the can is really cheap so maybe I’ll get one just in case. The Xtra digestion is good, too. Hehe!

Glutamine’s purported ergogenic effects have long been debunked, although it is useful for other things like GI health and as an alkaline amino acid.

Glutamine no effect on athletic performance

Glutamine does not enhance anabolism

Short term, high dose glutamine supplementation does not increase athletic performance

David Barr also wrote a very good article about the dogma of glutamine.
https://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/glutamine_destroying_the_dogma_part_1&cr=
https://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/glutamine_destroying_the_dogma_part_2&cr=

[quote]SolidGround wrote:
Glutamine’s purported ergogenic effects have long been debunked, although it is useful for other things like GI health and as an alkaline amino acid.

Glutamine no effect on athletic performance

Glutamine does not enhance anabolism

Short term, high dose glutamine supplementation does not increase athletic performance

David Barr also wrote a very good article about the dogma of glutamine.
https://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/glutamine_destroying_the_dogma_part_1&cr=
https://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/glutamine_destroying_the_dogma_part_2&cr=[/quote]
Alright, thank you. Now I’ll definately WON’T buy it. What a waste of money.

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:
I’m definately ordering Flameout now. And I read that L-Glutamine is not effective, but the can is really cheap so maybe I’ll get one just in case. The Xtra digestion is good, too. Hehe!
[/quote]

I’m doing the Curcumin Flameout combo for a about a week now after a 5 week layoff due to shoulder surgery. It’s too early to determine how effective it has been. My legs are so sore right now after I started hell week on Thurs. I tax my body so bad I’m willing to try anything to ease the DOMS.

Before I’d been using Kirland fish oil b/c I can buy the jumbo bottles and I like everyone in my house to use fish oil and thought’d it’d be too costly to buy everyone Flameout. After receiving my package of Flameout it’s really not that bad at all. Basically 27$ a month per person.

I really like the product as a whole and see why it’s so highly touted. It’s a really cool supplement IMO.

The problem I see down the road is affording Anaconda and MAG-10 or Metabolic Drive and Surge Recovery. I really look foward to drinking Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive has saved my ass alot of times when I couldn’t sit down and eat.

So I’m excited I have Anaconda and MAG-10 but hate not being able to afford Metablic Drive. Luckily I have some stocked up.

Good luck to ya man.

Creatine works for me, and a lot of other people. I like 10-15 grams a day, other people use 5 grams a day. Cheap and effective.

Vitamin C - cheap and effective IMO. Capsules, not tablets (tablets often don’t break up completely, caps are easier to assimilate.) 2-3 grams a day.

IMO.

Yeah, I’m thinking about starting to use Creatine again. Any recommendations about which Creatine, or which brand I should get?!

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:
Yeah, I’m thinking about starting to use Creatine again. Any recommendations about which Creatine, or which brand I should get?![/quote]

Creatine monohydrate. Sold in the store here for cheap.

Awesome! Creatine Monohydrate.