T Nation

Supplements for Inflammation

Does anyone take any supplements specifically for inflammation?

I know New Chapter has Zyflamend, Enzymedica makes Repair Gold, Garden of Life has Wobenzyme N, and Arthur Andrew Medical makes Neprinol.

There is also a host of supplements including:
Bromelain
Turmeric Extract
Papain
Boswellia Extract
Devilâ??s Claw
Ginger Extract
White Willow

Any thoughts would help, Thanks in advance.

I take cod liver oil, bromelain and turmeric. It has worked for me thus far.

fish oil

berberine

that aren’t on your list

I take Flameout and curcumin. Curcumin is one of my fav supps.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I take Flameout and curcumin. Curcumin is one of my fav supps.[/quote]

I’ve always wanted to know if you actually feel anything while taking sups like curcumin.
Does the workout recovery improve, general energy, mood, …
Or is it “just” because you know it’s healthy?
I’m kind of on the fence about curcumin or other antiinflammatories, mainly for budget reasons at this time.
I would like to have your feedback on it.
Thanks a lot in advance!

PS I do already take fish oil caps

IMO, the systemic enzymes you listed are probably the best thing on the market for inflammation…just look for the right dose for you because it might be higher than the 10-12 a day they recommend as a max.

Im giving curcumin a shot now. 2 tablets with breakfast and 2 with dinner. I think it might be one of those supps that you dont feel massive short term benefits such as you can feel with fish oil after only using for a week. I think curcumin might be more of a long term thing.

Can anyone explain to me is there any differnce between taking curcumin and turmeric, or is it the same thing?

tweet

[quote]Erasmus wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I take Flameout and curcumin. Curcumin is one of my fav supps.[/quote]

I’ve always wanted to know if you actually feel anything while taking sups like curcumin.
Does the workout recovery improve, general energy, mood, …
Or is it “just” because you know it’s healthy?
I’m kind of on the fence about curcumin or other antiinflammatories, mainly for budget reasons at this time.
I would like to have your feedback on it.
Thanks a lot in advance!

PS I do already take fish oil caps[/quote]
There’s two reasons why I take curcumin. First is the boat loads of science behind it… excessive inflammation seems to be related to every health problem known to man, and curcumin seems to be the most natural/effective and cheap supp for that reason. Just google scholar ‘curcumin’ and read some abstracts, the list of things it helps is ridiculous.

Secondly, my joints get beat up very easily from lifting, seeing as how I’m lifting at around 6x per week now. I find that lots of curcumin helps tremendously with my normal aches, pains, tendonitis, etc.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Im giving curcumin a shot now. 2 tablets with breakfast and 2 with dinner. I think it might be one of those supps that you dont feel massive short term benefits such as you can feel with fish oil after only using for a week. I think curcumin might be more of a long term thing.

Can anyone explain to me is there any differnce between taking curcumin and turmeric, or is it the same thing?

tweet

[/quote]
Curcumin is the compound in the spice turmeric that makes it do all them good thangs.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet

[/quote]
Curcumin is the compound in the spice turmeric that makes it do all them good thangs.[/quote]

Andy

What source of Curcumin are you using? Dosage? Brand…etc?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet

[/quote]
Curcumin is the compound in the spice turmeric that makes it do all them good thangs.[/quote]

Andy

What source of Curcumin are you using? Dosage? Brand…etc?
[/quote]
I use Biotest. 4 pills twice per day.

Thanks!

Thanks Andy!

Tumeric and Borage oil were recommended to me by MODOK.

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
Tumeric and Borage oil were recommended to me by MODOK.[/quote]

750mg GLA per day.