T Nation

Supplements for a Sprinter

What supplement/s would be best for a sprinter.

At the moment, I’m training with weights 3x a week, and running 2x a week. I have a good amount of strength, like everything it could always be better though.

There are too many options, should I be looking at a Creatine Product- to add lean muscle and strength, or a legal Testosterone booster?

Creatine doesn’t add lead muscle, but it could help you a lot in your starting stride. Prioritize that. If you sprint longer distances, add beta alanine to the mix.

supplements and diet section.

When I was a varsity sprinter, I’d load lots of creatine. I guarantee you it helps.

The creatine is debatable. The extra water weight that you will be carrying around may offset any benefits. I’d definitely use it during the offseason, but probably not in season.

The best thing you can do in season is make sure you have your diet completely dialed in, and then you may want to add caffiene or other legal stimulants before racing.

Fish oil should be recommended for any athlete.

Thanks for the help, I’ve been looking at at the supplements on here.

There’s just too many options…

[quote]OooahhhCANTONA wrote:
What supplement/s would be best for a sprinter.

At the moment, I’m training with weights 3x a week, and running 2x a week. I have a good amount of strength, like everything it could always be better though.

There are too many options, should I be looking at a Creatine Product- to add lean muscle and strength, or a legal Testosterone booster?[/quote]

Here are six that I can think of:

1. Protein shake with slow & fast protein
  2. Mult-vitamin & mineral supplement
  3. Creatine
  4. Glutamine
  5. BCAA
  6. Omega-3-Fatty Acids

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

If you decide to use creatine, don’t use it beyond your GPP phase.

Fish oil and a decent multivitamin will probably also be beneficial. If you diet is lacking in protein, then using a supplement will be beneficial. Regular whey is good enough.

Beyond that I would say don’t waste you money on any of the other bs.

Power Drive and ZMA for neural recovery.

ZMA is definitely a must.

Thanks, everyone.

I’ll take your word!