T Nation

Supplements, Calluses, Fat Sprinters, Wrestlers, and EMS

Ahem. A few questions lingering on my mind to be answered.

1. I’ve read on T-Nation that this “NO2” stuff is no good, but some of my friends have tried it and say it drastically increases pump and stuff. So whats the deal?

2. I have some big calluses right where my fingers connect to my palms. So calluses are supposed to make you not feel as pained after lifting weights and handling bars right? well mine feel pinched and are really tender after i lift. I moisturize but it doesn’t help much.

3. I am a 400m runner and used to being in great shape, although used to being fairly skinny. However now i am on the Massive Eating diet and trying to gain weight. Is it possible for someone struggling to gain wait to also stay fit (running 20-40 minutes a day)?

4)I am a wrestler and do alot of back bridges on my neck for neck strength. Are there better ways of developing massive necks?

1. I’ve been reading about Electromyostimulation (EMS), and it seems really cool except for the fact that the units cost about $1000 on average. Do you know of any places that rent these machines? or have you heard of it? or do you think i could talk my local gym into buying one and renting it out? any ideas?

Thanks!

[quote]sinnaman18 wrote:
Ahem. A few questions lingering on my mind to be answered.

1. I’ve read on T-Nation that this “NO2” stuff is no good, but some of my friends have tried it and say it drastically increases pump and stuff. So whats the deal?

[/quote]Dave Barr wrote a great 2 articles on this stuff. I always trusted the academics over word of mouth… thats why we are all here right?[quote]

1. I have some big calluses right where my fingers connect to my palms. So calluses are supposed to make you not feel as pained after lifting weights and handling bars right? well mine feel pinched and are really tender after i lift. I moisturize but it doesn’t help much.

[/quote]Can’t help much here… just one of those things I have become acquainted with.[quote]

1. I am a 400m runner and used to being in great shape, although used to being fairly skinny. However now i am on the Massive Eating diet and trying to gain weight. Is it possible for someone struggling to gain wait to also stay fit (running 20-40 minutes a day)?

[/quote]This all depends on your goals. “Shape” is a relative term.[quote]

4)I am a wrestler and do alot of back bridges on my neck for neck strength. Are there better ways of developing massive necks?

[/quote]I can’t imagine that balancing on your neck like that is safe. I’ll let the others chime in with exercises.[quote]

1. I’ve been reading about Electromyostimulation (EMS), and it seems really cool except for the fact that the units cost about $1000 on average. Do you know of any places that rent these machines? or have you heard of it? or do you think i could talk my local gym into buying one and renting it out? any ideas?

[/quote]I don’t know what type of access you have to ATCs but this is a normal unit for ATCs to carry. Do you have an ATC where you wrestle?[quote]

Thanks!
[/quote]

No Prob.

Well my coaches instructed me to do so and i’m positive that its a normal thing for wrestlers. Its nothing crazy, works pretty well actually, but i was hoping for some alternatives.

ATC? whats this stand for? must not be around if i havent heard of em. do they have a website?

[quote]sinnaman18 wrote:
Well my coaches instructed me to do so and i’m positive that its a normal thing for wrestlers. Its nothing crazy, works pretty well actually, but i was hoping for some alternatives.[/quote]

Ahh. I would listen to them then ;-).

[quote]

ATC? whats this stand for? must not be around if i havent heard of em. do they have a website?[/quote]

Certified Athletic Trainer. You could check out www.nata.com to locate a registered one around you’re area.