T Nation

Supplements Around a Hockey Game

I had a question for anyone who wants to help me out, with all the Biotest supplements on this site how would you construct supplementation for before during and after a hockey game?

What do you want to accomplish with said supplementation?

SWF and/or Finbars?

Basically, any supplements to increase energy, focus, awarness, recovery. Anything to give me an edge.

I’d go with Alpha-GPC 90 minutes prior to the game, then 1-2 FINiBAR washed down with Spike Shotgun 15-20 minutes prior to game, and Surge Workout Fuel throughout at a rate of 2 scoops per hour.

Immediately afterward, Surge Recovery or 2-scoops of Surge Workout Fuel mixed with 1 scoop MAG-10 would be appropriate to facilitate recovery.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
I’d go with Alpha-GPC 90 minutes prior to the game, then 1-2 FINiBAR washed down with Spike Shotgun 15-20 minutes prior to game, and Surge Workout Fuel throughout at a rate of 2 scoops per hour.

Immediately afterward, Surge Recovery or 2-scoops of Surge Workout Fuel mixed with 1 scoop MAG-10 would be appropriate to facilitate recovery.[/quote]

Thanks man just a few questions on that. Can the Alpha GPC be taken in pill form? Just for my own knowledge what would be the diff between a shotgun and a shooter for this purpose? Also no Power Drive or beta alanine?

[quote]crod266 wrote:

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

Immediately afterward, Surge Recovery or 2-scoops of Surge Workout Fuel mixed with 1 scoop MAG-10 would be appropriate to facilitate recovery.[/quote]

Thanks man just a few questions on that. Can the Alpha GPC be taken in pill form? Just for my own knowledge what would be the diff between a shotgun and a shooter for this purpose? Also no Power Drive or beta alanine?[/quote]

The original Alpha-GPC is fine.

Spike Shooter and Spike Shotgun have slightly different formulas, so you’ll have to experiment with them to determine which works best for you. I respond best to Spike Shotgun.

Surge Workout Fuel already contains a healthy dose of Beta alanine, but we have seen an additive effect in those who use Beta-7 in conjunction with it. However, I recommend that you keep things simple and start by with just Surge Workout Fuel. Once you are accustomed to its effects you can experiment with additional Beta alaine in the form of Beta-7.

Power Drive is fine to add as well, but again it’s not needed and we like to keep supplement programs as simple as possible without detracting from the intended effect. If I were in your shoes, I’d save Power Drive for post-workout recovery.

theres beta alanine in SWF