Supplements and Christmas Break

Ok, I know that in reality the best answer to this question is “It doesn’t really matter much”, but I’m going to ask it anyways.

I am going to have to be in a situation where I’m going to miss a full week of lifting for Christmas break. During this time, I’m probably not going to be eating as strict either. I could lie to myself, but I’m just not going to. I am currently taking TRIBEX and HOT-ROX (cutting). Am I better off continuing to take the supplements over break or just save them and start back up when I get back?

look at Poliquin’s super accumulation program… workout double time the week or two prior to ur break and continue to take supps over break

this is just what i would do

If you are currently trying to lose fat, then don’t eat like shit for a week, that could definitely effect your fat loss goals.

Don’t be a dieting wuss. :wink:

I’m probably not gunna be eating great either over the next week, but I’m at least gunna try and keep my protein intake up, keep my overall calorie intake down, and (unlike you, I’ll still be able to lift). But you could use this as a week to do some stretching and mobility work if you don’t have a gym to go to.

My advice is don’t go hog wild and keep your overall calorie counts down. Go easy on desert and stock up on the good protein being served. You should be okay. And I don’t know much about HR, but if you’re not doing cardio or any training, I don’t see the point in taking it…I could be wrong, since I don’t know much about it, but I’d imagine it doesnt work well when youre not training at all.

I’m not planning on going nuts, but I eat pretty damn strict on the norm. I’ll be with my girlfriend’s family where there will most likely be little to nothing available for the meal that’s on my diet. I’ll try to just keep my protein up and try to eat as good as I can.

I’m just not willing to make a big deal about refusing to eat what her family makes for a week straight. I think it’s healthy to be honest with yourself as far as what you are or aren’t willing to do. As I said before, I eat very strict most of the time, so I don’t feel like one week will kill me.

My original question was if I would be better off taking my supplements with me or just saving my money and taking a week off of them.

I would stick with the supplements. How can increased test and increased metabolism hurt? Furthermore, I’ve heard HOT-ROX can affect one’s appetite and thus can help you from overeating.

I suggest planning to “overtrain” the week prior to the week you are taking off. That way, the week off can actually be semi-beneficial.

Good luck

[quote]AChoi wrote:
I would stick with the supplements. How can increased test and increased metabolism hurt? Furthermore, I’ve heard HOT-ROX can affect one’s appetite and thus can help you from overeating.

I suggest planning to “overtrain” the week prior to the week you are taking off. That way, the week off can actually be semi-beneficial.

Good luck[/quote]

Good Point…I was planning on overtraining like you suggested. When we leave I’ll have trained the last seven days in a row, and the last one I plan to be a killer full body workout.