Supplementation and Me

I am new on the lifting scene (going at it seriously since April).

At any rate, lots of different people and places tell me different things I should take. I find it all very confusing.

Here is a little more about me:

Height: 71"
Weight: 175 lb

Prior to my start in April I lived a fairly active lifestyle. However, I was ridiculously weak/skinny and had no idea what a proper diet/lifting regimen looked like. I was something like 150 lb soaking wet and 0% muscle.

I eat a caloric surplus with fairly high protein. I try to get in a full gram/lb of bodyweight a day and all of that.

Assuming my diet and exercise are both in good order, would I honestly benefit from any supplementation?

I hear fish oil and creatine mentioned the most in terms of beneficial supplements. Would either of these or any others be worth my hard-earned money? Or, at this stage in the game, should I just keep eating and squatting?

I love squatting, by the way.

Creatine is great for helping with gym performance while fish oil is more of a health supplement. Both are something that most people would derive benefits from.

BTW-Nice 25lb increase!

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
<<< Assuming my diet and exercise are both in good order, would I honestly benefit from any supplementation?

I hear fish oil and creatine mentioned the most in terms of beneficial supplements. Would either of these or any others be worth my hard-earned money? Or, at this stage in the game, should I just keep eating and squatting? >>>[/quote]

Fish Oil and Creatine are both useful IMHO. Creatine is cheap enough to make the “what the hell?” reason almost enough to justify using it by itself. Maybe some good quality whey as well. In fact if you had to choose just one that would probably be the most useful. On the other hand, assuming your diet and exercise ARE actually in good order you would do fine with just those for a while, but some basic solid supplements will give you a boost.