Supplemental ?'s from a 15 Yr Old

Hi, I have a few questions regarding supplementation. But first, let me mention that I have my nutrition and training down (generally, obviously I’m always modifying and changing things up.)

I play football and rugby and can only strength train about 5 months out of the year in the off season (and then maintainence training when I’m in season.) So I was wondering if my stack should be the same throughout the whole year, or if I should modify it depending if I’m in or off season. First let me inform you on what I’m taking.

-Creatine
-Whey Protein
-L-Glutamine
-BCAAs
-ZMA
-Fish Oil
-Flax Seed Oil
-Multivitamin

Any comments on how I should modify this, and if I should add anything to this.

Oh, and I was wondering if taking TRIBEX Gold would be a good or bad idea for a growing teenage guy?

Thanks

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
Hi, I have a few questions regarding supplementation. But first, let me mention that I have my nutrition and training down (generally, obviously I’m always modifying and changing things up.)

I play football and rugby and can only strength train about 5 months out of the year in the off season (and then maintainence training when I’m in season.) So I was wondering if my stack should be the same throughout the whole year, or if I should modify it depending if I’m in or off season. First let me inform you on what I’m taking.

-Creatine
-Whey Protein
-L-Glutamine
-BCAAs
-ZMA
-Fish Oil
-Flax Seed Oil

Any comments on how I should modify this, and if I should add anything to this.

Oh, and I was wondering if taking TRIBEX Gold would be a good or bad idea for a growing teenage guy?

Thanks[/quote]

everything looks good however i would sugest that you not take the TRIBEX becease
you are 15 years old and allready have plenty of testosterone floating around

if you really want to supplement somthing else go with a mens multi vitamin

[quote]TheSolution wrote:g.

-Creatine
-Whey Protein
-L-Glutamine
-BCAAs
-ZMA
-Fish Oil
-Flax Seed Oil
[/quote]

I personally think you’re getting a little carried away with all these supplements at your age.

I’d cut back to whey, if you can’t get enough protein through food, and fish oil.

I don’t see the point in using glutamine, BCAA, ZMA, flax seed oil, or creatine at your age.

At 15 I was using only: Creatine, Flax-Seed Oil, and a Multi-vitamin. I used the creatine, mainly because even at that age I was trying awful hard.

I don’t think ZMA would be bad at your age though. The TRIBEX, however, I would stay away from. No need for it.

Haha yeah I think the TRIBEX screwed around with my emotions too much… mood swings left and right.

Oh, and I forgot to include I was taking a men’s vitamin.

Thanks for the help guys

At such a young age I would tell you to just take fish oil and Surge (only post workout). You should even ditch the protein powder and get in the habit of cooking your own meals, so that when college comes around you are ahead of the curve as far as meal planning and timing. You need kitchen smarts right now.

Do not eat junk. Look up Berardi’s 7 Habits on this site. Eat clean, ditch sodas and juices. Get plenty of sleep.

Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, what town are you from? I’m also 15, from CT and play football and rugby haha.

I don’t see a multivitamin on your list. I would highly recommend adding that to your list. Also with your whey protein shakes, try to get as much of your nutrients from whole foods as you can. (just a tip)

As far as the rest, I would probably remove everything else except the fish oil. As you are young, your body is still developing, and growing. Your hormones are also on full tilt so I would highly recommend staying away from any testosterone booster, legal or not. (TRIBEX)

Eat clean, and lift hard. At your age you are ahead of the game of most people in life.

Thanks for everything guys! Yeah I forgot to add multivitamin to my list, I’ll edit.

Oh, and as far as cooking goes, I think I rely on my parents for the big 3 meals too much… I definatly need to work on that a little.

step out of the 70s guys, forget multi’s. There is so much crap in those things that doesn’t get utilized because one ingredient can counteract another (calcium/zinc for example).

Something like Superfood would be a better idea if you want to go that route.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
step out of the 70s guys, forget multi’s. There is so much crap in those things that doesn’t get utilized because one ingredient can counteract another (calcium/zinc for example).

Something like Superfood would be a better idea if you want to go that route.[/quote]

i dont think you can go wrong with 9$ multivitamins its worth a try

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

Something like Superfood would be a better idea if you want to go that route.[/quote]

I don’t think Superfood is needed for a 15 year old. I mean, an elite athlete? They might have use for it.

Keep in mind this guy is 15, and doesn’t need to be training or supplementing like the pros. A cheap multi should be cost effective, and beneficial.

Hell, I consider myself an elite athlete, and I still use the Trader Joe’s multi.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:

I don’t think Superfood is needed for a 15 year old. I mean, an elite athlete? They might have use for it.

Keep in mind this guy is 15, and doesn’t need to be training or supplementing like the pros. A cheap multi should be cost effective, and beneficial.

Hell, I consider myself an elite athlete, and I still use the Trader Joe’s multi.[/quote]

I have my parents using Superfood and they’re not athletes at all.

In my experience, cheap multi-vitamins aren’t worth what you pay for them. So, what’s the point in wasting any money on them?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Schmazz wrote:

Hell, I consider myself an elite athlete, and I still use the Trader Joe’s multi.

I have my parents using Superfood and they’re not athletes at all.

In my experience, cheap multi-vitamins aren’t worth what you pay for them. So, what’s the point in wasting any money on them?[/quote]

exactly.

I agree, that a 15 yr old would be best off, opting for 10-15 servings of fruit/veggies a day, but let’s get real, not many do.
Superfood would be a wise choice, at least over a multi-V