T Nation

Supplement to Gain Weight?

Guys,

My friend wishes to gain weight (fat) by trying to take a supplement. Reading around this site, I get the impression that the best way to gain weight is to eat more…

Is that true? Or is there really a magic supplement that will provide a safe way to gain weight without any negative side affects like having man-titties… ?

If you cant gain weight with food you SOL. Eat more, more calories. Something like Metabolic Drive Complete sure could help but essentially its very convenient quality food.

Phill

There is only one supplement that can ensure gaining weight: food.

Lots of it throughout the day.

If your friend only wants to gain fat, they should follow the “obese warrior diet” like 25-40% of the population.

Donuts, fast food, pizza and subs, cola, bags and bags of chips, lots of empty calories. Follow that with hours of playing videogames or watching TV, and get a job where you don’t have to move around and burn up those precious calories.

Whatever you do, don’t waddle a couple miles to a sub shop twice a day to eat - your progress will stop and possibly reverse! Make sure to drive and park as close as you can. Get extra cheese and meat and mayo, hold most of the veggies, and no diet cola.

“Man-titties” usually come with such weight gain but can be negated with an apparatus called a “mansierre” or a “bro”.

LOL!
Classic.

[quote]Arms Afire wrote:
There is only one supplement that can ensure gaining weight: food.

Lots of it throughout the day.

If your friend only wants to gain fat, they should follow the “obese warrior diet” like 25-40% of the population.

Donuts, fast food, pizza and subs, cola, bags and bags of chips, lots of empty calories. Follow that with hours of playing videogames or watching TV, and get a job where you don’t have to move around and burn up those precious calories.

Whatever you do, don’t waddle a couple miles to a sub shop twice a day to eat - your progress will stop and possibly reverse! Make sure to drive and park as close as you can. Get extra cheese and meat and mayo, hold most of the veggies, and no diet cola.

“Man-titties” usually come with such weight gain but can be negated with an apparatus called a “mansierre” or a “bro”.[/quote]

ahaha. I didn’t want to start a new thread about it, but the other day I was buying a MD cause I was laid over at the airport, and the clerk asks if I lift weights. I told him I did and he says “I tried that, but I could never gain any weight” (the guy looks to be a buck twenty) so I told him you have to eat a lot to gain a lot. To which he asks “Yeah, is there a pill they make that will do that?” I was stunned and walked off.

[quote]Bubblez wrote:
Guys,

My friend wishes to gain weight (fat) by trying to take a supplement. Reading around this site, I get the impression that the best way to gain weight is to eat more…

Is that true? Or is there really a magic supplement that will provide a safe way to gain weight without any negative side affects like having man-titties… ?[/quote]

??? Weight just a minute!!! He wants to gain FAT?? Try sugar coated butter cubes. That’ll work!

If he wants to gain muscle mass, check back with us.

Get yourself in a positive energy balance, to get this eat more calories than you burn. Yes, it’s that simple.

Easy ways to get in more calories are, mix you protein with full fat milk, replace water with milk for your first half of the day, drink cod liver oil and plive oil. But make sure you eat 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight or more.

Supplements, aren’t really needed.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
ahaha. I didn’t want to start a new thread about it, but the other day I was buying a MD cause I was laid over at the airport, and the clerk asks if I lift weights. I told him I did and he says “I tried that, but I could never gain any weight” (the guy looks to be a buck twenty) so I told him you have to eat a lot to gain a lot. To which he asks “Yeah, is there a pill they make that will do that?” I was stunned and walked off. [/quote]

Damn.
Yeah, it seems like people and kids like that have some kind of mental block and always want a quick fix for anything. “Maybe you should eat more.”
“Uh, I eat enough…know of any pills or powders?”

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
tveddy wrote:
ahaha. I didn’t want to start a new thread about it, but the other day I was buying a MD cause I was laid over at the airport, and the clerk asks if I lift weights. I told him I did and he says “I tried that, but I could never gain any weight” (the guy looks to be a buck twenty) so I told him you have to eat a lot to gain a lot. To which he asks “Yeah, is there a pill they make that will do that?” I was stunned and walked off.

Damn.
Yeah, it seems like people and kids like that have some kind of mental block and always want a quick fix for anything. “Maybe you should eat more.”
“Uh, I eat enough…know of any pills or powders?”

[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve always said that too many people want to fix things with pills (And I’m guilty of it too for some things) but this just amazed me.

Yeah, sounds like you had quite of a little experience there. I guess I can’t blame everyone to a certain point, since we’ve all been a little brain-washed by the diet industry- before acquiring knowledge- at one point or another in our lives. It’s those who are ignorant enough to not take the time to learn, those are the ones who really amaze me.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
tveddy wrote:
ahaha. I didn’t want to start a new thread about it, but the other day I was buying a MD cause I was laid over at the airport, and the clerk asks if I lift weights. I told him I did and he says “I tried that, but I could never gain any weight” (the guy looks to be a buck twenty) so I told him you have to eat a lot to gain a lot. To which he asks “Yeah, is there a pill they make that will do that?” I was stunned and walked off.

Damn.
Yeah, it seems like people and kids like that have some kind of mental block and always want a quick fix for anything. “Maybe you should eat more.”
“Uh, I eat enough…know of any pills or powders?”

Yeah, I’ve always said that too many people want to fix things with pills (And I’m guilty of it too for some things) but this just amazed me.
[/quote]

Thank you guys for the quick response.