Supplement to Add to My Bulk

For a while all I had been taking is a protein powder. Dymatize Elite XT to be exact. I then a few months ago bought plain creatine monohydrate and re-added fish oil to my list of supplements.

I’ve now switched my protein to Torrent based on some feedback on another forum. This is my first time doing a real bulk and I want to make the most out of it.

I’m 22 so I’m not sure if a testosterone booster would do anything to me (from what I’ve read). What else would you recommend for someone new to the non basic supplements (which to me is creatine mono, protein, a multi etc)?

Even after searching forum after forum I’m still unsure about what else to try because there is so much misinformation out there.

More beef, avocados, eggs, walnuts, and sweet potatoes.

An entire tub of peanut butter a day. Or, as I read in an old thread here once, puppy shit. One scoop PP, 1 cup pb and 1-2tbsp honey. Delicious, and you can pack away some serious calories

[quote]02Thief wrote:
An entire tub of peanut butter a day.[/quote]

I seriously hope you are joking.

There is no magic supplement out there that will make you the greatest lifter in the world. Too often people spend all of this money on all of these supplements, and they still make no progress because they ignore the basics. Besides, most of the supplements out there are made by companies whose only interest is to make money off of you. That’s just business, and it happens in every part of life.

Worry more about eating quality foods, and putting everything you have into your training sessions. You have no reason to be thinking about silly things like test boosters. Save your money, and make just as much progress, if not more because you aren’t wasting energy worrying about which supplements will be ideal.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t take any supplements, but I wouldn’t go all crazy. All I take are fish oil, protein, and creatine. Also, make sure you aren’t using protein powder as a crutch for your protein for the day as so many people tend to do. Don’t feel that you NEED to take all of these ridiculous supplements to make gains, when they will barely have a noticeable effect.

Whole milk, bacon, whole eggs, natty PB are your best friend

As far as bulking supps, taking a zinc tab at every meal will boost your test naturally more than anything else

[quote]SpecialEd8256 wrote:
Whole milk, bacon, whole eggs, natty PB are your best friend

As far as bulking supps, taking a zinc tab at every meal will boost your test naturally more than anything else
[/quote]

A “zinc tab at every meal”, really? OP do not do that unless you’re taking like 5mg per pill. Regardless a good form of zinc (methionince, picolinate, or aspartate) at 30mg every morning on an empty stomach wouldn’t be a bad idea. Too much zinc will deplete other minerals.

Aside from food you don’t really need any supps to bulk OR cut. But there are some general health supplements that will indirectly help losing fat/keeping fat off and putting on/maintaining mass. Instead of wasting my money on all those dumb NO pre workouts I wish I had bought stuff like ZMA, Vit D, ALA (especially if eating a lot of carbs), B complex, chromium, selenium and fish oil… Sounds like a lot but you can get it cheap if you buy in bulk from the right supplier.

220mg of oral zinc supplement yields 55mg elemental zinc, men should take 60mg elemental zinc a day.

Poliquin has said 98% of his first-time clients are deficient.

Do the math.

Too much zinc can be a problem, but its not likely… Pop a a few milligrams of copper if you’re concerned.

Too much supplement talk on a bulking thread, EAT

Lol, well if Poliquin said so you may want to look into Dominican avocados… Anyway so 55mg of zinc per meal (5) is 275mg. IF some one is deficient then ok, maybe that would be a decent idea but you gave no context.

why do you think you need anything more than protein and creatine?i mean wtf?! i dont think you need anything else…a test booster sounds ridiculous for now at least…

Steak

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Lol, well if Poliquin said so you may want to look into Dominican avocados… [/quote]

BLASPHEMY!

DOCTOR POLIQUIN IS TRUTH

Also, this:

[/quote]

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
Also, this:

[/quote]
[/quote]

I’m not disputing that you don’t “need” supplements to bulk, or anything for that matter, but the OP was asking if there were any supp’s worthwhile to Add to his bulk… Not addressing that kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
Also, this:

[/quote]
[/quote]

I’m not disputing that you don’t “need” supplements to bulk, or anything for that matter, but the OP was asking if there were any supp’s worthwhile to Add to his bulk… Not addressing that kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.[/quote]

To be honest I kinda just was trying to get the thread back on track after the Poliquin derail I partook in. However, I do stand by that if he’s trying to bulk, and already has, according to him, the basic supplements (protein, creatine, multi, fish oil), then it really is much more important for him to focus on food intake.

^Gotcha, agreed.

[quote]gkeeper24 wrote:
More beef, avocados, eggs, walnuts, and sweet potatoes.[/quote]

I’m with these guys!