Supplement Suggestions?

Looking for a good pre-workout and protein mix. I’m already tracking on getting a decent multivitamin, but I was also wondering about this Indigo 3G I’ve been reading about on this site. I’ve already got a good diet plan in order being that the Airforce is providing me with healthy food stuffs. Any advice/testimonials would be greatly appreciated.

It’s a good product, but just know what you’re getting. It’s not a preworkout stim, or a magical protein. It’s a nutrient partitioning agent, which means that IF the rest of your diet and training is squared away, you can use this to shift your body’s tendency away from storing excess nutrients as carbs, and more towards synthesizing new tissue (muscle). For folks that have always had an issue with how their body handles carbohydrates, this seems to have been a huge hit.

I used it when it first came out during a contest prep as was very happy with the results. Also, my sister in law who has always been a bit intolerant of carbs jumped on the I3G bandwagon as well.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It’s a good product, but just know what you’re getting. It’s not a preworkout stim, or a magical protein. It’s a nutrient partitioning agent, which means that IF the rest of your diet and training is squared away, you can use this to shift your body’s tendency away from storing excess nutrients as carbs, and more towards synthesizing new tissue (muscle). For folks that have always had an issue with how their body handles carbohydrates, this seems to have been a huge hit.

I used it when it first came out during a contest prep as was very happy with the results. Also, my sister in law who has always been a bit intolerant of carbs jumped on the I3G bandwagon as well.

S[/quote]
Agreed.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d make sure I got my diet dialed in first like I do now before buying it. It’s to expensive to not do this. But the funny thing is if you dial in your diet better, you may not need it as much as you think you do!

[quote]knuckleXdragger wrote:
Looking for a good pre-workout and protein mix. I’m already tracking on getting a decent multivitamin, but I was also wondering about this Indigo 3G I’ve been reading about on this site. I’ve already got a good diet plan in order being that the Airforce is providing me with healthy food stuffs. Any advice/testimonials would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]
Indigo 3G could be a good choice if your diet is really in line (and not exactly low carb).

MAG-10 is a great versatile protein mix that you can use during the day and during lifting. As far as pre-workouts, I’m not sure what your training looks like, but if you’re doing a lot of PT, running, or “cardio-type stuff”, maybe look into Surge Workout Fuel. It’s kinda like a bigger, badder, better, smarter Gatorade, if that makes sense. Good carbs and electrolytes, plus other goodies to enhance performance, endurance, and recovery.

beta alanine and creatine both 5g