Supplement Starter Kit?

I know that most people suggest to start with these supplements:

Protein (Casein)
Multi-vitamin
glutamine
ZMA
creatine

Are there any others for a so called started kit?

I used to life alot when I was younger and I tried to eat right but I never had the money to buy supplements.

I have purchased all I have listed along with some other things as fish oil flaxseed oil and glucosamine.

I just want to make sure that I have all the necessary tools to get on the right track and take full advantage of my workouts.

I am new to this site. I truly am amazed at the attitude of everyone. The help and information offered is outstanding. Thank you for any advice given.

Great Idea for T-Nation…a starter kit. That and hook up with paypal so people can use their bank accounts to purchase online. Yup two great ideas.

End Hijack…
blushing…sorry

Michelle

That seems like a pretty good list. Maybe throw Surge or another similar product for post-workout recovery.

Of course I’ll also throw in the obligatory:

FOOD IS YOU BEST SUPPLEMENT, NONE OF THEM CAN REPLACE PROPER DIET!

Hmmm… what do you mean by starter? If by starter you mean you don’t have a well-regulated, solid nutritional base, then you DON’T need all of those. All you need is a good MRP/protein powder (Low-Carb Grow! is considered the best by many), and Surge for a post-workout drink. Many don’t even consider Grow! a supplement. As for Surge, well, it’s just too good to pass up.

The problem with getting many supplements as a beginner is that you often begin to rely on them too much. Even with MRPs, there are people who drink 3 shakes a day and consider each a “meal.” ZMA, RED KAT, Spike, Alpha Male, these are all great, but keep in mind they can’t replace a solid nutritional base, and until you have that, stick to a good MRP (Low-Carb Grow!) and Surge, although even Surge should be left out until your pre and post-workout meals are solid, but that shouldn’t be too hard.

[quote]jac1971 wrote:
I know that most people suggest to start with these supplements:

Protein (Casein)
Multi-vitamin
glutamine
ZMA
creatine

Are there any others for a so called started kit? … I have purchased all I have listed along with some other things as fish oil flaxseed oil and glucosamine.[/quote]

As has been said, everything you’ve listed won’t matter much if your “real food” nutrition isn’t in place.

That said, I’d rank the fish and flax oil on par with ZMA, both very essential. And I’d be taking Surge instead of the creatine and glutamine. (Or at least consider it more ‘important’) I’d also definitely recommend Alpha Male, to guarantee your T is where it should be (hehe, that all rhymed.)

As for the glucosamine, it could take up to a month of steady use to feel any effects from it, if at all. But if you’ve got some joint problems already, it couldn’t hurt to try it out.

Basically, your supplement plan can be as simple or complex as you want it to be. Get your training in order, get your nutrition in order, and then use the supplements to address any gaps or special issues.

I understand that I need a good diet. That is a given. I just want to make sure that I am starting back up on the right foot. I need to check in on this Surge that some of you are talking about. I do not want to waste money and buy what is not needed. I appreciate every response. The T-Nation community is pretty awesome. People working for the same goal helping each other out.

Happy New year and be safe.

Tony (JAC1971)

Wheres the fish oil man?