Supplement Stack for Mass Building

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
I just reread the OP, if you’re 15 Alpha Male probably won’t do much for you.[/quote]

Why is that?

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
I just reread the OP, if you’re 15 Alpha Male probably won’t do much for you.[/quote]

Why is that?[/quote]

You’re 15 and your T levels should already be high enough where a T booster won’t make a difference. Plus, if you read the label it says you should be at least 18.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

If he’s really 15, most of the supplements he outlined are overkill.

So cut the Alpha Male?

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

If he’s really 15, most of the supplements he outlined are overkill.[/quote]

Good point. Hopefully the OP will listen to your advice.

Alright, so what makes the most sense for me?

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
I’d say pick up some MAG-10 in addition. Look into the many versions of CT’s peri-workout nutrition in his forum (Christian Th… (HTH)).[/quote]

Could you link me to this maybe? I cant seem to find these “versions” with this info. Sorry, Im not good with finding my way around the site yet. What do you like about MAG-10?[/quote]

It’s awesome for recovery. I barely get sore and I workout like a fiend. Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:
Alright, so what makes the most sense for me?[/quote]

What’s your budget look like anyway? Are you buying this stuff, i.e. do you have a job? If it’s the case that you have to shell out the cash for this on your own, and if you make any less than $20 an hour, I’d save your money for just protein powder like grow, and perhaps you could try creatine.

Also, in general just truly try to master the art of nutrition. It’s a lot more important and complicated than supplements (should be).

It’s awesome for recovery. I barely get sore and I workout like a fiend. Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Do you think It works better than, say, the SURGE Recovery stuff?

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:

What’s your budget look like anyway? Are you buying this stuff, i.e. do you have a job? If it’s the case that you have to shell out the cash for this on your own, and if you make any less than $20 an hour, I’d save your money for just protein powder like grow, and perhaps you could try creatine.

Also, in general just truly try to master the art of nutrition. It’s a lot more important and complicated than supplements (should be).[/quote]

Alright, thanks for the advice.

Ya, I have a fairly large budget, as Im working for a college scholarship (with my dad’s financial help). Im already on whey, egg, and casein proteins, creatine, SURGE workout fuel.

Would you all say that some of the fatty acid supplements will help prevent injury? I am a lineman, so my knees are pretty regularly at risk.

Last, do some of the mineral supplements make sense? Plus maybe some Superfood? I get that its better to get this from actual food, but Im at school from 8-3, so usually dont have time to make a real prefect lunch/ breakfast for that matter. Breakfast is pretty much all protein.

This statement makes it look like you’re getting carried away with the supplements. Whey protein, egg protein, and casein protein are foods, so it’s silly to say that you’re “on” them. Seems overkill to have 3 different types of protein in your program especially at this stage.

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:…, but Im at school from 8-3, so usually dont have time to make a real prefect lunch/ breakfast for that matter. Breakfast is pretty much all protein.
[/quote]

This is the biggest thing keeping you from making better gains. If you’re serious about making gains, prepare your food ahead of time. It’s what most people who are successful at building a significant amount of muscle have had to do. Either get up earlier or prepare your meals the night before.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:

This statement makes it look like you’re getting carried away with the supplements. Whey protein, egg protein, and casein protein are foods, so it’s silly to say that you’re “on” them. Seems overkill to have 3 different types of protein in your program especially at this stage.

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:…, but Im at school from 8-3, so usually dont have time to make a real prefect lunch/ breakfast for that matter. Breakfast is pretty much all protein.
[/quote]

This is the biggest thing keeping you from making better gains. If you’re serious about making gains, prepare your food ahead of time. It’s what most people who are successful at building a significant amount of muscle have had to do. Either get up earlier or prepare your meals the night before. [/quote]

Word

Alright, well what should I do as a lunch? Snacks? I want to get whatever advice I can.

I primarily do whey post workout, casein before I go to bed, and egg any other time I need it.

Drop the non-food supps.

If you’re wanting to add “lean mass” without weight, does that mean you’re wanting to trade some fat for some muscle, while maintaining current scale weight?

For the record, that “Metabolic Drive stuff” should impress the hell out of you. I had noticeable fat loss when I switched over my protein supplementation from some other company to . . . whateverthehell the casein supp was originally named. Was it just Grow!, then, Grow! and MD? I forget. Too many shiny labels.

Once you get out of high school, I can see the Beta-7 having some effect. Unless you’re having some severe problems with endurance, it’s not necessary at this stage.

Get the protein, and SUPER-DOSE the fish oil. When I ganked my supplemental amount up to 30g a day, I had an extreme decline in pain from my back injuries, my joints felt worlds better (and I hadn’t realized they were feeling bad), and I fucked your mom.

[quote]Vash wrote:
When I ganked my supplemental amount up to 30g a day, I had an extreme decline in pain from my back injuries, my joints felt worlds better (and I hadn’t realized they were feeling bad), and I fucked your mom.[/quote]

I’d say this thread is pretty much a wrap.

[quote]Vash wrote:
Drop the non-food supps.

If you’re wanting to add “lean mass” without weight, does that mean you’re wanting to trade some fat for some muscle, while maintaining current scale weight?

For the record, that “Metabolic Drive stuff” should impress the hell out of you. I had noticeable fat loss when I switched over my protein supplementation from some other company to . . . whateverthehell the casein supp was originally named. Was it just Grow!, then, Grow! and MD? I forget. Too many shiny labels.

Once you get out of high school, I can see the Beta-7 having some effect. Unless you’re having some severe problems with endurance, it’s not necessary at this stage.

Get the protein, and SUPER-DOSE the fish oil. When I ganked my supplemental amount up to 30g a day, I had an extreme decline in pain from my back injuries, my joints felt worlds better (and I hadn’t realized they were feeling bad), and I fucked your mom.[/quote]

Thank you, that helps a ton.

Does anyone have a reccomendation for lunch? I can make it at night or in the morning, just throw something at me.I just need something.

I eat PBJ’s (natty PB) or a fat ass sandwich. It’s not hard to figure out, especially with you being in HS.

alright, sweet. Thank you

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:

[quote]JGrace55 wrote:

Also, in general just truly try to master the art of nutrition. It’s a lot more important and complicated than supplements (should be).[/quote]

Alright, thanks for the advice.

Ya, I have a fairly large budget, as Im working for a college scholarship (with my dad’s financial help). Im already on whey, egg, and casein proteins, creatine, SURGE workout fuel.

Would you all say that some of the fatty acid supplements will help prevent injury? I am a lineman, so my knees are pretty regularly at risk.

Last, do some of the mineral supplements make sense? Plus maybe some Superfood? I get that its better to get this from actual food, but Im at school from 8-3, so usually dont have time to make a real prefect lunch/ breakfast for that matter. Breakfast is pretty much all protein.
[/quote]
For your knees, read this article: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION
I suggest doing significant foam rolling to your IT band which is explained in the article. Doing this alone can really save your knees, but also focus on some of the other stuff in the article especially the stuff on ankle and hip mobility as well.

Mineral supplements and Superfood are good supplements, but you don’t need them at this point. They will likely make you a tab bit healthier, but that’s only assuming that you were not otherwise eating a daily dose of what is contained in the supplements which can easily be obtained from food. For example, you should try to eat daily high quality berries, fruits, dark greens, etc --WHICH YOU SHOULD BE. And for the minerals, it depends again on your diet. If you eat lots of veggies and meats, then your mineral status should be fine without adding that. You could add it though just to be safe, but I certainly wouldn’t prioritize it over other supplements, and at the end of the day, when and if you have stacks and drawers full of supplements, it can become hard to manage.

I know it’s tempting to go overboard and get everything at once, I really don’t think this is best. So I would suggest at first to take a few key supplements (2-3 tops) that have been recommended to you here, see what effect they have on you, and then if you get in the groove with taking them, and assessing their effect, you can choose to add. I really think this is the best approach you can take.