T Nation

Supplement Questions

Just got my order from Biotest

I am going to start taking ZMA in the morning.

I will start the Spike-Creatine-Surge on monday.

My question is should I take creatine on days that I do not lift? Would I take it after doing cardio, I plan on taking Spike before my cardio also.

What in your opinion is the best (tasting) way to take creatine and Surge?

thanks

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Just got my order from Biotest

I am going to start taking ZMA in the morning.

I will start the Spike-Creatine-Surge on monday.

My question is should I take creatine on days that I do not lift? Would I take it after doing cardio, I plan on taking Spike before my cardio also.

What in your opinion is the best (tasting) way to take creatine and Surge?

thanks

[/quote]

wow–so much there

First, take your ZMA at night about 30-60 minutes before bed. If you can try to avoid a lot of dairy before hand.

Creatine should be taken with your post workout shake or liquid. On non-lifting days some guys like to take it in the morning with grape juice.–I simply take it after cardio with my PWO.

I’ve never done Surge, but most say drink it during and right after lifting. If you have the resources, one before and one after.

One question to you. Why didn’t you read the threads and product info pages associated with these products? My guess is you just dumped $100 on products you know very little about.
It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are to separate themselves from their money with absolutely no idea of what they are doing. You probably would have been better off buying a dime bag and spending the rest on food from the munchies.

Why are you taking ZMA in the morning? it’s usually taken before bed.

Take creatine before and/or after exercise. Not after cardio. Unless it’s HIIT or something.

As for best tasting, Surge tastes pretty damn good (IMO) just mix it with water and down it.

K.I.S.S

Keep it simple stupid LOL
meaning im going to give you the simple straight forward no BS answers. You can complicate it further if you wish to make it “OPTIMAL”

Take the ZMA at night prior to bed 30 mins prior to a meal 2 hours after and most important not with any calcium if with food.

Creatine simple just take the crap. IMO when ever you can remember, If you want to sure go for Optimal and take it Post work out But I jut keep it simple mix it in the morning every morning with hot liquid and get it over with 1 tsp a day Done

Surge?? I like the taste some nag about it. One trick I tell people and seems to work is add enough or More than enough water 32oz or more and Ice cold.

Phill

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
You probably would have been better off buying a dime bag and spending the rest on food from the munchies.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!! You’re dating yourself man. Do they still sell dimebags? LOL

When I have hockey I’ll take 1.5 scoops of Surge during my skate, and then 1.5 scoops with 5g creatine afterward in a large water squirtbottle (32oz? I think). It helps for the guys who don’t like the taste of Surge I imagine too. Some of my teammates who have grabbed my bottle on the bench said it tasted like chocolate water.

Im on swing shift so morning is my bedtime, should have cleared that up.

I have taken supps before and have been lifting for a couple years, no pro or anything near.

Just looking for a way to make them taste better