T Nation

Supplement Questions

is the beta alanine the only difference between Spike Shooter and Spike Shotgun?

TRIBEX and zma a good stack? i’ve taken tribulus and zma seperately w/ alright results. would it be better suited stack for strength cycle, hypertrophy cycle, or when i do the GCT? also, would HOT-ROX be great to take w/ GCT?

i know alot about traditional supps, but when it comes to test boosters or anything like it, i don’t know too much.

you should probably do a little more research on these supplements before you start popping them left and right… and im not sure if any of those are actually test boosters

TRIBEX = tribulus and vitex agnus and eurycoma. zma = zinc magnesium aspartate. both test boosters and zma also helps w/ REM cycle. i’ve done my research on most supps over the past 3 years(twas my profession, and will be once i finish school, i’m just takin in from what i learn from this site right now as i am taking a couple semesters off)…i’ve just shyed away from test boosters till recently(past yr or so)

TRIBEX Blue then. Yes that is quite the potent test booster. Alpha Male has that mix and Carbolin 19 added. For this follow label recommendations.

Likewise the ZMA will help support healthy hormone activity and quality sleep by ensuring that these two minerals and vitamin B6 are available when needed.

Other than that eating often with intake coming from animal protein, healthy fats, low GI carbs, and lots of fruits and veggies along with exercise and recovery techniques (Surge, epsom salt baths or contrast showers) and going to bed early and sleeping in a dark room will contribute to optimal hormone levels.

i’m not going Alpha Male because i’ll be taking HOT-ROX w/ it, and its’ got Carbolin 19 in it. i’m expecting quite a change in my physique. i’m healthy, but always struggled w/ abnominal pouch, never really cared about how i look, still don’t as long as my performance doesn’t suffer)but i decided to see if i could drop down to single digit bodyfat, i’m probly around 14-15%.

I try and take zma with everything. As far as I know you can take this stuff yr round with no sides, just may lose effect after a while. If your in school I take it your young like me. I’ve found that any tribulus based test booster doesn’t do much for me as my test levels are already high.

Gerdy

[quote]bwhite829 wrote:
is the beta alanine the only difference between Spike Shooter and Spike Shotgun?

TRIBEX and zma a good stack? i’ve taken tribulus and zma seperately w/ alright results. would it be better suited stack for strength cycle, hypertrophy cycle, or when i do the GCT? also, would HOT-ROX be great to take w/ GCT?

i know alot about traditional supps, but when it comes to test boosters or anything like it, i don’t know too much. [/quote]

Spike Shooter has yohimbine Spike Shotgun doesn’t making it more suitable for those that don’t tolerate yohimbine well. TRIBEX and ZMA are A very good stack and increased Testosterone is beneficial no matter what program you are on. If you want to lose fat HOT-ROX Extreme is the ticket and also a good stack with TRIBEX.

D

[quote]bwhite829 wrote:
i’m not going Alpha Male because i’ll be taking HOT-ROX w/ it, and its’ got Carbolin 19 in it. i’m expecting quite a change in my physique. i’m healthy, but always struggled w/ abnominal pouch, never really cared about how i look, still don’t as long as my performance doesn’t suffer)but i decided to see if i could drop down to single digit bodyfat, i’m probly around 14-15%.[/quote]

I was just pointing out the components of the products. If I were to recommend something, I would say something to the effect ‘I recommend…’. You seem to know what can be combined with what, so I will leave that alone.

The Spike Shotgun in addition to having beta alanine seems to not have yohimbine as the Spike Shooter does.

The supplements you have chosen to support your quest are decent. However, if you are young, the test booster will have limited effects if you are already following a healthy lifestyle. Using it to support test production during a strict diet or time you are under stress is the way you would use it.

Diet will be the biggest part of your success. My experience with HOT-ROX is it allows you to eat more calories and still lose fat (of course I was eating clean, so that doesn’t say much). Stick to quality animal protein, fruits, and veggies for the most part and you will do fine. The belly fat is an indication of high cortisol levels, such people usually do better on lower carb (note I didn’t say low carb or keto) with enough fat to make up the difference and prevent the metabolism from crashing.

thanks for the info…i didn’t notice the Spike Shotgun not having yohimbine. i was close to a 6 pack in high school, but again, i wasn’t worried about it, as i was 195 lbs and after a year of lifting i was cleaning 205, military pressing 195, and benchpressing 260 and was more conentrated on these lifts than worrying about how i look w/o my shirt.

the bellyfat i have now has been accumulating over about 3 or 4 years from not working out after high school, many injuries, and not caring about my health…in about 6 mo i’ve lost about 30 lbs, put on alot of muscle that’s atrophied and renewed my passion for fitness. my diet is pretty much dialed in w/ about 2-3 cheat meals per week(i carry a cooler w/ about 5-6 meals whereever i go) and even tho i am young i have noticed a little bit of muscle mass increase while taking a tribulus formula(altough not TRIBEX), however the mass might have been just because i was starting to work out again.

i’ll at least be able to give the 3 a good test now that everything else is dialed in.

and on another note, would 1 weekly session of HIIT be okay w/ the GCT or would that be over doing it?

EDIT: thanks for the info pete and sorry for the missunderstanding.

Hey I have a question.

How many calories are in the BCAAs? Thibs says they have calories which are to be factored into the Physique Clinic participants total calorie count.

I looked at my bottle and there is no reference to calories.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

err, since the BCAAs don’t make a full protein, i dunno how they could be considered a calorie…maybe since its like 3 outa the i think 16 aminos(sorry if i’m wrong) you could consider it to be about 1/5 of a protein? in which case it’d be around 1 cal?

dunno.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Hey I have a question.

How many calories are in the BCAAs? Thibs says they have calories which are to be factored into the Physique Clinic participants total calorie count.

Does anyone know?

Thanks![/quote]

1 gram BCAAs = 1 gram protein

Protein is made up of amino acids, of which BCAAs are 3.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Hey I have a question.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Protein is made up of amino acids, of which BCAAs are 3.[/quote]

Thanks Brant!

I got it now!

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Hey I have a question.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Protein is made up of amino acids, of which BCAAs are 3.[/quote]

I know that amino acids make up protein. I’ve always wondered that, since this is the case, why we take both protein and amino acid together in supplement form. Why not just protein, or amino acids?

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I know that amino acids make up protein. I’ve always wondered that, since this is the case, why we take both protein and amino acid together in supplement form. Why not just protein, or amino acids?

Gerdy
[/quote]

Free and peptide-bonded amino acids are absorbed much faster than whole proteins so they are ideal peri workout when you want to get them to your muscles quickly.

It would be cost prohibitive for most people to get anywhere near replacing the majority of their protein intake with amino acids. Besides, the slower digesting property of whole protein is a benefit during other times of the day.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Gerdy

Free and peptide-bonded amino acids are absorbed much faster than whole proteins so they are ideal peri workout when you want to get them to your muscles quickly.

It would be cost prohibitive for most people to get anywhere near replacing the majority of their protein intake with amino acids. Besides, the slower digesting property of whole protein is a benefit during other times of the day.[/quote]

Thanks! Well I always take my BCAA pre-mid-and post workout, and assumed it was because of the faster absorption. I know understand. Thank you for clearing that up.

Gerdy