Supplement Purchase, Good Buy?

I’ll be honest, this is the first time i am going to try Biotest’s products but i am already convinced in how happy i’ll be after reading endless amounts of information. I was going to make this purchase today but then i decided to give it a little more thought before throwing money out the door …

Flameout
Rez-V
BCAA
Alpha Male
ZMA

any input here would help me out a lot, thanks

Depends on your experience and age. If you read any of the CREDIBLE posts you’ll hear a couple supps mentioned as a MUST for beginners and experienced lifters alike. They are:

1.) A good diet–no amount of supps can help a poorly planned diet.

2.) BCAA’s

3.) Flameout (or any other high potency fish oil supp).

4.)Creatine

5.) And now beta alanine (from what I’ve read and the research I’ve done.)

Things like Rez-V and Alpha Male are great but if you don’t have the diet down and the above supps included into the regimen I personally think it’s a big waste of money. You’ll be amazed with the results you get from a good diet and these 5 basic supps.

Oh, and don’t waste your money on NO2 and NOXplode–do a search on T-Nation and read why. Hope this helps.

You’ve never tried Biotest’s products… what have you been using as a recovery drink?

Are you an experienced supplement user? If not, just start with one or two products so you can get a feel for what they do for you. It doesn’t make sense to all-of-a-sudden start using 5 new products. This is a common newbie mistake.

Since post-workout nutrition is so crucial, I’d start with Surge and probably Flameout. You can add ZMA and REZ-V a few weeks later. Alpha Male is great, but I’d save it for last of the products you’ve listed since the others are what I consider more core supplements.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Are you an experienced supplement user? If not, just start with one or two products so you can get a feel for what they do for you. It doesn’t make sense to all-of-a-sudden start using 5 new products. This is a common newbie mistake.

Since post-workout nutrition is so crucial, I’d start with Surge and probably Flameout. You can add ZMA and REZ-V a few weeks later. Alpha Male is great, but I’d save it for last of the products you’ve listed since the others are what I consider more core supplements.[/quote]

I second this post. Flameout is a good supp for anyone, anywhere, anytime. I feel the same way about REZ-V, although I only take one pill per day.

I’m questionable on BCAA’s because if you drink Surge pre/post workout, you are getting upwards of 10(maybe more) grams, and protein powders have about 5 grams per scoop.

If you are young(under 25 - 27), I’d ditch the Alpha Male at 100 a month. Use that to buy 2 buckets of Surge and some more Flameout or a pack of Spike pills. Those are killer.