Supplement Lowdown

Just wondering if there’s something missing from my arsenal or whether I’m using the right brand or not.

WHEY: Nitro Hardcore, Syntha-6, ON whey- gold standard.
CREATINE: none, get more than enough from nitro & syntha-6.
GLUTAMINE: ON
TRIBULUS: Twinlab- tribulus fuel.
ZMA: custom formula; b6 from Natural factors, zinc from HealthAid, and magnesium from Solgar. Love the deep sleep and vivid dreams :slight_smile:
GLUCOSAMINE: Osteo BiFlex, triple strength.
COD LIVER AND FISH OILS: Seven seas & Salmon oil by GNC.
VIT C: C1000 with rose hips by Good’N Natural. Ester-C with citrus boiflavonoids by GNC.
MULTI-VIT: Men’s Multistart by Natural Factors.
SLEEP AIDS: GABA 750 by GNC.

What say ye?

Forget the synthetic vitamins and use Biotest Superfood.

Get rid of all that shit and click on the T-Nation store. You’re welcome.

I’m not going to pick apart brands or anything, but do you honestly think you need all of that?

I’ll that I will add is that I’m not a fan of DISALLOWED or BSN at all!

Other than that there are a lot of supplements out there that can be taken but it depends on your goals.

So what are your goals and maybe there is someting else out there that can benefit you.

DG

WHEY: get and stick with just one brand which has casein + whey mix
CREATINE: Purple-K (no bloating)
FISH OIL: Just get a wild salmon one or Flameout
the Rest: One Multi + Calcium or Superfood
Why are you taking ZMA and the sleep aid (isn’t it doing the same thing?)

Grow! Whey, Metabolic Drive
Creatine
Flameout

What else you need?

decent whey isolate
decent fish oil
zinc
multivitamin
vitamin C maybe (if your veggie intake is poor)

that should be enough as far as supplements go with bang for your buck

yes. Whats missing from you arsenal is food. I hate to be this “you gotta eat” person. But if you have under 20 posts and nothing but a list of supps…

Superfood is the best supplement ive ever taken .

wtf why so many supplements dude, that must be killing your wallet.

How’s your nutrition? eating clean > supplementation.

Also why does everyone on T-Nation have a hard-on for Biotest supplements?

[quote]mbk wrote:

Also why does everyone on T-Nation have a hard-on for Biotest supplements?[/quote]

Because they work.

T-Nation members have a hard on because the supplements are on the right side and are very shiny.

Also, alot of the coaches have used and even recommended these supplements.

[quote]tayjeremy wrote:
T-Nation members have a hard on because the supplements are on the right side and are very shiny.

Also, alot of the coaches have used and even recommended these supplements.

And most importantly, they’ve been shown to work very well and are sold at a great price through T-Nation. [/quote]

I fixed that for you.

[quote]Isaac 117 wrote:
I’m not going to pick apart brands or anything, but do you honestly think you need all of that?[/quote]

Yeap, I’m from Souteast Asia; we don’t exactly get the best quality meat, milk, veggies or eggs.

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
WHEY: get and stick with just one brand which has casein + whey mix
CREATINE: Purple-K (no bloating)
FISH OIL: Just get a wild salmon one or Flameout
the Rest: One Multi + Calcium or Superfood
Why are you taking ZMA and the sleep aid (isn’t it doing the same thing?)[/quote]

ZMA, not only enhances sleep quality, but speeds up recovery by restoring testosterone to its optimal level.

GABA on the other hand, enhances GH production while you sleep, not to mention the lazy, trippy feeling you get a few mins afterwards.

[quote]mbk wrote:

Also why does everyone on T-Nation have a hard-on for Biotest supplements?[/quote]

I’m eating healthy too, from as many whole sources as possible. But then again I don’t live in the States or Europe, so access to good wholesome food is somewhat limited.

Thats when supps really come in handy. I’m thinking of cutting back on some of them though, as they’re definitely starting to weigh in on my wallet.

I’ve tried Biotest’s HOT-ROX, interesting experience, that.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
yes. Whats missing from you arsenal is food. I hate to be this “you gotta eat” person. But if you have under 20 posts and nothing but a list of supps…[/quote]

He didn’t even list what he eats. He could eat rather well. He didn’t ask a nutritional question, but a supplement question.

Does he have to list his life story before anything about supplements can be listed?

I understand your concern, but with your wording, it came off like s smartass, rather than “Before I comment on your supplementation, what are you eating on a normal basis?” This totally changes the dynamic of the post.

I’m usually a smartass, but lighten up :wink:

What makes you all think that Biotest creatine is any better than any other creatine etc? because they are owned by this site, so they get plugged n every single article that’s written? Hasn’t crossed your mind that they are getting paid to say good things about the supp’s?

[quote]mbk wrote:
What makes you all think that Biotest creatine is any better than any other creatine etc? because they are owned by this site, so they get plugged n every single article that’s written? Hasn’t crossed your mind that they are getting paid to say good things about the supp’s?
[/quote]

I don’t believe that anyone has said that there’s anything special about the creatine sold here. It’s just pure micronized German Creatine monohydrate – no bells or whistles – just what most serious trainees want.

Sure, you can pay a lot more for creatine, but you’re probably wasting money if you do.