T Nation

Supplement Help

FWIW, I love my pre workout ( 1MR). I do cycle off it every eight weeks like it suggests. Outside of the small amount of creatine in it, I don’t think there is a lot of nutritional value in it. I use it because its full of stimulants that wake me up for my 4:00 am workouts. Don’t believe the ads though, there is nothing that will help build anything in the drink. you can probably get the same effect from caffeine pills. I do throw some more creatine and some BCAAs in mine because I don’t eat anything before I workout.

Ur not “missing” anything on your sup wishlist I used to think like that and
it would drive me crazy how much time spent trying to find out what I was
missing.

Right now I’m using protein powders and a preworkout.

I started preworkouts a few months ago and am a fan:
C4 is great look around you can get 60 servings for a little over 30 dollars.

For proteins staples are an all natural whey blend and another
7 protein blend that is cheap too that I use before bed instead of spending
too much on a 100% casein. (5 lbs of each for ~ 35 bucks each reputable brand and
they last me a while)

As long as eating enough don’t need a multi and as long as eating enough fish don’t
need a fish oil.

When I’m not broke I might consider adding a postworkout drink although I don’t
think my progress would be any better with any of the economically friendly ones
(unless spend a lot of money on one that I’ve used in the past with good results
but it costs an arm and a leg and I won’t be able to buy anytime soon)

So there you go take your 250 buy 100 bux worth of sups that should last you more
than a month comfortably and take the other 150 and go to the supermarket. ( you
don’t need to be a chef or have lots of free time to eat well)

when i said postworkout drink i didn’t mean a protein shake i meant one
of those carb/protein/“proprietary advanced muscle cell volumization delivery system enzyme matrix”
drinks

[quote]thefreshmanverve wrote:
Ur not “missing” anything on your sup wishlist I used to think like that and
it would drive me crazy how much time spent trying to find out what I was
missing.

Right now I’m using protein powders and a preworkout.

I started preworkouts a few months ago and am a fan:
C4 is great look around you can get 60 servings for a little over 30 dollars.

For proteins staples are an all natural whey blend and another
7 protein blend that is cheap too that I use before bed instead of spending
too much on a 100% casein. (5 lbs of each for ~ 35 bucks each reputable brand and
they last me a while)

As long as eating enough don’t need a multi and as long as eating enough fish don’t
need a fish oil.

When I’m not broke I might consider adding a postworkout drink although I don’t
think my progress would be any better with any of the economically friendly ones
(unless spend a lot of money on one that I’ve used in the past with good results
but it costs an arm and a leg and I won’t be able to buy anytime soon)

So there you go take your 250 buy 100 bux worth of sups that should last you more
than a month comfortably and take the other 150 and go to the supermarket. ( you
don’t need to be a chef or have lots of free time to eat well)
[/quote]

Yeah I have heard great things about C4 and intend on buying some. I usually don’t eat for about 2 hours before I work out cause I feel sluggish and bloated. I don’t quite know the differences in the 7 protein blend and the 100% casein.

What do you mean by “eating enough multi”? I just recently started adding tuna to my diet so I have been getting plenty of that. I’ll focus on the basics for sure. I was never thinking that the supps are going to do all the work, I just wanted to make sure I was in the right direction.

[quote]thefreshmanverve wrote:
when i said postworkout drink i didn’t mean a protein shake i meant one
of those carb/protein/“proprietary advanced muscle cell volumization delivery system enzyme matrix”
drinks [/quote]
would this be something like the post-workout drink “Side Effects”?

“I usually don’t eat for about 2 hours before I work out cause I feel sluggish and bloated.”

You don’t have to have a full meal but i’ve experienced much better workouts when
eating something as simple as 2-4 servings of wheat thins and a whey shake about an hour
before a workout.

“I don’t quite know the differences in the 7 protein blend and the 100% casein.”

Look at the ingredient labels on both and compare. If don’t really know what is the difference
between different types of proteins or between concentrates vs. isolates etc. just google it.

"What do you mean by “eating enough multi”? I just recently started adding tuna to my diet so I have been getting plenty of that. "

I meant that when I’m eating enough food I don’t take a multivitamin; however when for whatever reason I can’t get enough fruits and veggies I like to take something like Greens +.
Tuna is good when you look at the label but it reminds me of pet food it’s been sitting in a can.
Kind of like deli turkey many of the nutrition books/magazine authors recommend deli turkey because it has protein and not much else but it’s also loaded with preservatives. Preferably eat a tuna steak, or salmon, or any other wild non-farm raised fish not in a can. When eating out Chipotle and Longhorn come to mind as having high quality meats IMO.

“would this be something like the post-workout drink “Side Effects”?”

Yes.

i personally mix gluatmine pre workout and during my workout woth bcass because i train in a fasted state. so far so good

Check out MRI’s creatine red. Have gotten great results from this stuff. Check it out

[quote]Mike722 wrote:
Check out MRI’s creatine red. Have gotten great results from this stuff. Check it out [/quote]
25 servings for $30, LOL.

Nice first post, do you work for MRI?

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Mike722 wrote:
Check out MRI’s creatine red. Have gotten great results from this stuff. Check it out [/quote]
25 servings for $30, LOL.

Nice first post, do you work for MRI?[/quote]

Ha Awesome post!
I might just go with what I have been lately. I Have noticed great results when I have a partner with me. I think it has to do with motivation and rest. I’ve been switching my workout as well. I was looking for more of a direction for good supps but if some of the vets of this site say I don’t need a lot when it comes to supps then I’ll take their word for it. That’s why I came here.