Supplement Help for Teenage Athlete

I’m new here. I read an article on this site about the Grow! protein powder. And from what I read the company that makes Grow! (I think Biotest) uses quality ingredients that will make it too expensive for consumers if sold in stores.

I’m a track athlete (in my off-season) and i’m wondering which supplement would be better for me (Classic Grow! or Low-Carb Grow!).

Also, i’ve been considering taking creatine to increase performance, can you recommend some?

SG:

The first recommendation that you’ll recieve as a teen is to make sure your diet is in order…

MOST of the protein for a teen should come from lean sources (chicken, turkey, lean beef, Salmon, low or no-fat cheese/Cottage cheese), with supplemental protein being just that…supplemental…

As a track athelete AND a teen, you are probably burning a LOT of cals (not to mention Testosterone that is sky high!).

One area where "CLASSIC "Grow! would work well for you would be at nighttime, aiding in your overall recovery after a long day of training. (Due to it’s Micellar Protein component and higher cal content).

You also need to look at “Surge” for pre and post workout replinishment.

Do a search on a) Grow! b) Surge/running/track and c) nighttime meals.

This should be a good start!

GOOD LUCK!

Mufasa

I just think “Surge” would go furthur in helping your performance and recovery than creatine.

What is your “specialty”?

Mufasa

My specialty is 800m.

Cool!

800M is long AND fast…so I’m sure that you have to so a lot of speed AND endurance work…

Hopefully those with a LOT more knowledge about track training and recovery than me could give you more detail…but in all athletic endeavors, recovery is paramount…

“Grow!” and “Surge” should definitely aide on your recovery…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

One area where "CLASSIC "Grow! would work well for you would be at nighttime, aiding in your overall recovery after a long day of training. (Due to it’s Micellar Protein component and higher cal content).

Mufasa[/quote]

Mufasa are you smokin’ jungle crack? When did Biotest start putting micellar casein in Classic Grow!?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa

Mufasa are you smokin’ jungle crack? When did Biotest start putting micellar casein in Classic Grow!?
[/quote]

He probably just meant Low-Carb Grow; it’s easy to get stuff mixed up sometimes :slight_smile:

To the original poster, cottage cheese is another good source of casein if you don’t yet have the means to obtain some Grow. If you don’t like the texture throw it in the blender with some water and something to flavor.

SORRY, guys!

I DID get it mixed up! (Damn!)

It’s Low-Carb Grow!

My bad!

Mufasa