Supplement Guide

Does anyone know of any publications or web-sites that provide a comprehensive explanation as to what each vitamin & mineral supplement can be used for. Hypothetical example Taking vitamin B group will help recover from the effects of a hang-over because alcohol depletes the body’s natural stores of it. I know my example is short but you get the point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh you mean, like

[quote]
For example, vitamin B6 is needed for more than 100 enzymes involved in protein metabolism. It is also essential for red blood cell metabolism. The nervous and immune systems need vitamin B6 to function efficiently, (3-6) and it is also needed for the conversion of tryptophan (an amino acid) to niacin (a vitamin) (1, 7).
[/quote] - Google search

Or for helping you come out of your alcoholic stupor or whatever. Geezus, do you really come to this site looking for hangover helper or do you think it makes you sound cool?

Maybe your post is more suited to the “off topic” forum.

Hey, I find this site useful. It’s part of a UK health food company. But the advice is stil impartial and in-depth. Good Luck

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/healthnotes/index.htm?Hcontent=all_index

follow it to ‘vitamins’