T Nation

Supplement for In-Season Lax Recovery?

Hi,

During the lacrosse season our coach really works us into the ground, seven practices per week, on top of weight room sessions. The problem is we only get one day off, which doesn’t provide enough time for recovery, and this compounds as the season goes on. During the season I take in high-carb, high protein, and high fat, and the only weight I lose is fat, but I wonder if I’d be able to also put on some lean muscle as well. Is there a supplement I can take that would ramp up my recovery so that I could perform at my top more consistently?

I’ve been thinking about creatine, ANACONDA, MAG-10, and Surge Workout Fuel. Any advice?

Thanks ahead of time.

Not likely, save up for better beer.

I don’t think you really need any of those at this juncture besides the creatine and MAYBE the Surge Workout Fuel.

I would make sure I’m getting enough protein, get a basic protein supplement and maybe some BCAAs, but other than that, I don’t think you need all that especially since you won’t be able to put all your energy towards training.

All you need is some brotein powder… bro.

CS

You say you are loosing fat, and don’t recover so well. If you are loosing fat you are in an energy deficit. I think the thing that would help you the most if simply to eat more.

OP, is that you in your avatar?

Cause I think you need some milk buddy.

tweet

[quote]AspiringTank wrote:
You say you are loosing fat, and don’t recover so well. If you are loosing fat you are in an energy deficit. I think the thing that would help you the most if simply to eat more.[/quote]

This. Increasing calories will aid in recovery.