T Nation

Supplement doses

Just got back from the drug store after picking up some supplements, and i need to know what doses i should take them in. I’m on T-Dawg at the moment, and my daily intake is:

carbs: 100g / 400cal
prot: 307g / 1230cal
fat: 100g / 900
total: 2530 cal

In addition to the supplements listed below, i also take a serving of Surge and a serving of Low-Carb Grow Daily. Alright, so here is what i have available to me:

• LIFE Salmon Oil, capsules, 1000mg, EPA 180mg, DHA 120mg, total omega-3 300mg.
  • LIFE Folic Acid, tablets, 1mg,
  • Centrum

So how many of each am i looking at daily?

Paragraph breaks didn’t work. Try two:

• LIFE Salmon Oil, capsules, 1000mg, EPA 180mg, DHA 120mg, total omega-3 300mg.

- LIFE Folic Acid, tablets, 1mg,
  • Centrum

Shoot for at least 10g of the salmon oil per day; that would provide 3g EPA/DHA. Not sure on the folic acid, though.

Max, add up the EPA & DHA until you’re getting as much as you’ve decided you want to take. John Berardi recommends 6-10g of EPA/DHA per day. Whatever you take is going to be better than nothing if cost is a consideration.

Folic acid, I recommended in another post 800 mcg per day.

You’re taking a serving of Surge daily? Are you worrking out daily?

Sorry, I just re-read your post. The 1 mg dose is fine on the folic acid.

Wait, so you’re saying i need to take TWENTY of these salmon oil capsules daily? 300mg/ea x 20 = 6g, right?

Yup. Unless you want to take liquid fish oil (1.5 tablespoons = 6g EPA/DHA). It’s more cost effective. Goes great over canned tuna.

Sounds like i don’t really have a choice. I don’t consider popping 20 pills a day an option :slight_smile:

Hey, Maxie! Why don’t you just add a some salmon (yeah, the FOOD!) to your diet as well. Taking in enough to get around 40 or so grams of protein should bump up your EPA/DHA at least another two grams. That way, pop 15 fish oil caps and eat some real food too!

Max, I get Ultra Omega 3, Health from the Sun, at iHerb.com. $6 a bottle (with discount). Get one bottle the first time around to make sure you can handle it in non-capsule form. After that, if you order $60 or so, you get free shipping. My cost per day is 50 cents. I take it with my tuna, as I told you. Canned salmon, (Sockeye is a little higher in EPA/DHA) is also a good option. Anything you do is going to benefit athletic performance, cognitive function and general health.