Supplement Dosage

So although I have been lifting for a few years made some great gains and then cut the fat I have never used any type of supplements. Now that I am trying to gain some lean mass again I decided to try creatine and maybe bcaas.

What are the proper dosage of creatine and bcaas?

As for creatine what I am leaning towards is 3-5 grams a day for a couple of weeks then only 3-5 grams after training, is this sufficient?

Regarding BCAAS I have read many articles which state one should take up to 50 pills a day, money wise I think this is to much for me. Would there be any benefit in only taking 6-9 pills a day or would this have no effect any body composition?

any advice is apprecieated.

Some may disagree but I don’t see the need for a loading period with Creatine. I just use five grams postworkout on workout days only in my Surge. I use BCAA’s but probably at around twenty to thirty per day.

If you can’t use that amount the best time to utilize them in my opinion would be right at waking, right before bedtime, before, during, and after training. If you are only going to use five grams once a day to me it wouldn’t be taking advantage of the potential they have in promoting muscle gains.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Some may disagree but I don’t see the need for a loading period with Creatine. I just use five grams postworkout on workout days only in my Surge. I use BCAA’s but probably at around twenty to thirty per day.

If you can’t use that amount the best time to utilize them in my opinion would be right at waking, right before bedtime, before, during, and after training. If you are only going to use five grams once a day to me it wouldn’t be taking advantage of the potential they have in promoting muscle gains.

D[/quote]

so then I should forget the BCAAS?

also when cutting should one continue to take in 3-5 g a day?

[quote]-ETHAN- wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
Some may disagree but I don’t see the need for a loading period with Creatine. I just use five grams post-workout on workout days only in my Surge. I use BCAA’s but probably at around twenty to thirty per day.

D

so then I should forget the BCAAS?
[/quote]

If you can’t use them in a large enough quantity for their best benefits, I would advise investing the money for them on Metabolic Drive, Grow! Premium Whey and or Surge. My thinking on protein intake which BCAA’s are building blocks of would be whole food first (meat), protein shakes second (Metabolic Drive) and BCAA’s would be your third layer. Since you can’t use enough of the BCAA’s at this time again, I would concentrate on the first two layers so to speak.

D