T Nation

Supplement Alternatives

I have a simple question that after reading all 13+ pages of post I could not find the answer to. I am even sure this has been asked before, but, I am going to ask again. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic in Florida. The union that I belong to here, has allowed the department to include ?Performance enhancing drugs? to the list of things we are tested for. They have even made it a ?fireable offence? if any are found. I have wanted to cycle on AS for a long time, but now cant. The question is this. Are there any natural supplements that will give the same or close to the same enhancements?

There are things like Alpha Male that can be useful.

All of this depends on your objectives, weight, age and training.

HGH and IGF-1 peptides are not detectable. HGH is costly. IGF-1 is perhaps affordable.

We can’t have Firefighters bulking up and having an unfair advantage in saving peoples’ lives. It is not the “neocon” thing to do!

If you suspect that your hormones are low, if you qualified for TRT, you could do legal gear. You can do blood work on your own if you want, out of your own pocket. If you feel that you are normal in that regard, it you could do that anyways to establish baseline levels for reference years from now.

If you did gear, you might then do HCG to keep your testes up during the cycle. Then they could do a drug test on you and find out that you are pregnant!

If T levels is are fine, E might not be. You could use a small amount of AI Arimidex/anastrozole (1mg/wk) and improve your T:E ratio. Blood work would certainly be a useful guide. That AI would be undetectable and is not a schedule III substance. Short of a blood test, if you get noctural wood but no morning wood, that suggests too much E. AI can typically fix that. If you get lots of morning wood, your E levels would seem to fine.

To answer some of your questions… I am 35, 6’1" and weight 245. I have 12%bf. I am looking for strenght mainly, as I know size will follow. I am currently taking NO2, testojack, and, BSN’s Cellmass and NoExlpode. With this my avarage weight has increased 50-60lbs in all lifts. Bench 225, incline & decline 205, curl 115, tri 110, t-bar row & upright row 225. Squat 300. I just feel like I need to be stronger. I am actually the smallest guy in my station. Everyone else is “lard”. Just want to be able to pull them out if I have to.

KSman is spot on with the HGH and IGF-1. The bonus about these drugs is that they also give mostly permanent gains. I’m not sure about HGH, but from what I’ve read about IGF-1 it works well on its own even without insulin or AAS. It’s expensive and you won’t get huge overnight, but the gains will stay there.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
KSman is spot on with the HGH and IGF-1. The bonus about these drugs is that they also give mostly permanent gains. I’m not sure about HGH, but from what I’ve read about IGF-1 it works well on its own even without insulin or AAS. It’s expensive and you won’t get huge overnight, but the gains will stay there.

IGF1 isn’t even that expensive. You could do something like 30mcg ED per month for around $100. I’m not up on dealer prices for AAS on the streets of wherever you live, but you could easily spend $100 / month on test and say masteron, no?[/quote]

You’re right Bushy, IGF isn’t that expensive comparatively. But like you I get powder, so I have no idea what street prices are for most AAS, let alone IGF. I’ve just heard that it’s out of most people’s budget. Then again, if you aren’t or can’t use AAS, then you could just put that money (along with all the money being spent on other OTC supps) towards some HGH or IGF and probably be be fine.

Thank you for the advice, I have alot of research to do now. I have been reading some of the articles on the site, and come to find out, I dont know as much as I thought. I suppose 15 years as a Paramedic, I haven’t seen or read it all. Again thanks for your time.

[quote]medicmike14 wrote:
To answer some of your questions… I am 35, 6’1" and weight 245. I have 12%bf. I am looking for strenght mainly, as I know size will follow. I am currently taking NO2, testojack, and, BSN’s Cellmass and NoExlpode. With this my avarage weight has increased 50-60lbs in all lifts. Bench 225, incline & decline 205, curl 115, tri 110, t-bar row & upright row 225. Squat 300. I just feel like I need to be stronger. I am actually the smallest guy in my station. Everyone else is “lard”. Just want to be able to pull them out if I have to.[/quote]

So you are 245 lbs. with only 12% BF and only bench 2 plates and can’t squat 3?

[quote]vandalay15 wrote:
medicmike14 wrote:
To answer some of your questions… I am 35, 6’1" and weight 245. I have 12%bf. I am looking for strenght mainly, as I know size will follow. I am currently taking NO2, testojack, and, BSN’s Cellmass and NoExlpode. With this my avarage weight has increased 50-60lbs in all lifts. Bench 225, incline & decline 205, curl 115, tri 110, t-bar row & upright row 225. Squat 300. I just feel like I need to be stronger. I am actually the smallest guy in my station. Everyone else is “lard”. Just want to be able to pull them out if I have to.

[/quote]

Lol! I would say the main thing this guy needs is iron!

I would speculate that they won’t be testing for the less common steroids, so you might still be able to use things like oral turinabol.

I would also think that your union could demand a list of the specific “performance enhancing drugs” that will be tested for.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
vandalay15 wrote:
medicmike14 wrote:

Lol! I would say the main thing this guy needs is iron![/quote]

I have to admit, thats small and weak. I am taking it as slow as I can, two knee surguries and a shoulder surgury can take the wind out of anybody. Now if I could only spell better.

[quote]medicmike14 wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
vandalay15 wrote:
medicmike14 wrote:

Lol! I would say the main thing this guy needs is iron!

I have to admit, thats small and weak. I am taking it as slow as I can, two knee surguries and a shoulder surgury can take the wind out of anybody. Now if I could only spell better.[/quote]

I was only half joking. There is nothing going on with you that a few months of really serious lifting wouldn’t fix. I suggest you get into deadlifts for a start.

BTW, don’t worry about getting the lardasses out. If you ever need to, the adrenalin will kick in, your nervous system will take the brakes off, and you will do it easily.

The sad thing is I am not. I played football in highschool and college, and was in the Service for 8 years, and was alot stronger/bigger then. This is a hard thing to deal with. Thats why I am looking for more help. Again, thanks for the advice.