T Nation

Superstitions, Dead Cat?

For about the past two days I’ve been smelling something awful coming from the side area of my house. I figured it might be trash water that leaked from the trashcan onto the ground since the trashcan was empty. No, it was actually a dead black cat.

Now I’m not normally a superstitious person but Karma/Luck are things that I believe in.

If a black cat crossing your path is a sign of bad luck (never really believed) is a dead cat in your fucking backyard a sign of good luck???

Like I said, I’m not normally a superstitious person but this is a little bit too coincidental.

Uh…do you have a living will?

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Uh…do you have a living will?[/quote]

Very empathetic.

Be on the lookout for a witch riding a broom.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Now I’m not normally a superstitious person but Karma/Luck are things that I believe in.

[/quote]
How the fuck does that work?

Stick it in her pooper

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
meangenes wrote:

How the fuck does that work?[/quote]

Simple. He believes in the things he doesn’t believe.

I used to have a black cat. His name was Dog. He got run over.

I miss that cat.

You won’t have bad luck unless you killed the cat, duh.

meangenes wrote:

How the fuck does that work?[/quote]

Because my beliefs are superior to yours. As well as my opinion, my lifestyle, my culture, my ethnicity, my town, state and computer chair; simply because you Uncle Gabby are a douche bag and a cunt and should shut the fuck up because you suck. Fact.

Is that a viable reason? Don’t answer that, just shut up because you suck.

Fuck your life.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
meangenes wrote:

Because my beliefs are superior to yours. As well as my opinion, my lifestyle, my culture, my ethnicity, my town, state and computer chair; simply because you Uncle Gabby are a douche bag and a cunt and should shut the fuck up because you suck. Fact.

Fuck your life.[/quote]

Nice mature reply.

Anyway, why would you think that a dead black cat symbolizes anything, except that a black cat died near your house? It is illogical to say that you aren’t superstitious normally and then abnormally believe that a rotting feline is somehow a projection of judgment against you for something you may have done, in this life or a previous one, which a “belief” in karma implies.

remove the cat, place in blender with 2 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive and 1 tsb all natural peanut butter and proceed to blend.

high in protein and furballs, good for a bulking diet.

[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
meangenes wrote:

Fuck your life.

Nice mature reply.[/quote]

I don’t care.

Dude, the cat just happened to die there. Just bury it, or call animal services to pick it up.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Dude, the cat just happened to die there. [/quote]

We don’t really know that. It could have been sent there by a voodoo witch to poison his air. The rotting smell might be that of his soul being leeched out of his body by the dead cat. Next thing you know, he’s getting a nail driven through his scrotum.

DB

[quote]meangenes wrote:
For about the past two days I’ve been smelling something awful coming from the side area of my house. I figured it might be trash water that leaked from the trashcan onto the ground since the trashcan was empty. No, it was actually a dead black cat.

If a black cat crossing your path is a sign of bad luck (never really believed) is a dead cat in your fucking backyard a sign of good luck???

Like I said, I’m not normally a superstitious person but this is a little bit too coincidental.[/quote]

I am superstitious like you. Sometimes outside events like the above mean you need to take a look at your life to see what is “rotten”.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

Next thing you know, he’s getting a nail driven through his scrotum.

[/quote]

Judging from his angry post above, looks like this already happenned.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Dude, the cat just happened to die there.

We don’t really know that. It could have been sent there by a voodoo witch to poison his air. The rotting smell might be that of his soul being leeched out of his body by the dead cat. Next thing you know, he’s getting a nail driven through his scrotum.

DB [/quote]

throws dumbell at your face

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I used to have a black cat. His name was Dog. He got run over.

I miss that cat.

You won’t have bad luck unless you killed the cat, duh.[/quote]

Haha, I have a gray cat named “Puppy”. True story.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
meangenes wrote:

Fuck your life.[/quote]

I touched a nerve, awesome!

I touched a nerve, awesome![/quote]

If only you were a dead cat, you could really mess with him.