T Nation

Supersize She and World's Strongest Boy

These 2 shows are in rotation tonight (Sept 17) on the Discovery Channel.

Strongets boy, at 8yrs old he benched 210 lbs 3 times his weight, wow.

Good programs, thought Supersize She was a lot better because it tackled the psychological issue in a very interesting way (of course they had a more articulate subject). I wished the World’s Strongest boy program had done more research into what made him so ripped, rather than a few offhanded allegations of steroid use.

4est…good post! i almost typed this up myself yesterday wehn i saw that…

Supersize She officially turned my off to profesional female bodybuilders…if most of them didn’t have implants and long hair, i woulndn’t even know they were women. shit, the one girl had a deeper vioce than me…

the thing about Richard Sandrak was kind of sad…but that kid was actually pretty articulate, and really seemed to know what he was talking about in refernce to nutrition.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
the thing about Richard Sandrak was kind of sad…but that kid was actually pretty articulate, and really seemed to know what he was talking about in refernce to nutrition.[/quote]

Yeah, he seems like a smart kid. And he’s still interested in fitness even when no one is forcing him. Hopefully he will turn out okay…

yeah, no kidding…i was amazed to see him stand one legged on a basketball and do a split straight up! WOW!!!

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
cycobushmaster wrote:
the thing about Richard Sandrak was kind of sad…but that kid was actually pretty articulate, and really seemed to know what he was talking about in refernce to nutrition.

Yeah, he seems like a smart kid. And he’s still interested in fitness even when no one is forcing him. Hopefully he will turn out okay…
[/quote]

Hopefully he will turn out okay? Did you miss the part where they said he had no friends? If the kid can manage without a complete psychological breakdown I’d consider it a miracle.

mabe you missed the part where his daddy got put in jail for 3 yrs for hitting his mother and or threatening
to kill everbody. a new trainer, who gave him a 2 month break, being a kid
with friends and games. also a big
chance in a movie called little Tarzan
that disney is interested so hopefully
he’ll be ok as he gets older

Very sad show on both ends. The women are very emotionally disturbed individuals that must have had some type of emotional trauma in their life. Little Richard’s story is equally sad in way’s i can’t even describe. It will a miracle if he does not go though a bout of severe depression in this teen years. He lives as a slave to this lifestyle. No kid should be able to rattle off a list of supplements a mile long before he’s even though middle school.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
graphicsMan wrote:
cycobushmaster wrote:

Hopefully he will turn out okay? Did you miss the part where they said he had no friends? If the kid can manage without a complete psychological breakdown I’d consider it a miracle.[/quote]

Yeah no kidding. He’s gotta be one messed up boy. I dont recall if it was on that program or somewhere else, but it was telling about how he grew up on protein shakes and liquids. He didn’t even know what ice cream tasted like. I don’t recall the age, but he didn’t get solid foods until he was something like 4.

Granted, food isn’t the salvation of your soul. But to not know what peanut butter tastes like is a crime. I don’t know what’s gonna help this boy now…

[quote]Tank53 wrote:

Granted, food isn’t the salvation of your soul. But to not know what peanut butter tastes like is a crime. I don’t know what’s gonna help this boy now…
[/quote]

Maybe a movie career…that seems to help straighten out TONS of people.