Supersets

excuse me, i was reading something about the worth of a light set of the antagonist before a heavy set for the (protagonist?). ie light rows before benching.
in my training, i usually do supersets, and almost always one of these supersets is bench/rows, both at full volume. would this affect my workrate?

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
excuse me, i was reading something about the worth of a light set of the antagonist before a heavy set for the (protagonist?). ie light rows before benching.
in my training, i usually do supersets, and almost always one of these supersets is bench/rows, both at full volume. would this affect my workrate?[/quote]

Odds are, the full-volume superset is going to get you all of the benifts of the light-set you speak of. That said, there’s nothing wrong with a good warm-up using a lighter-weight, low-rep set.

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
in my training, i usually do supersets, and almost always one of these supersets is bench/rows, both at full volume. would this affect my workrate?[/quote]

The word you were looking for is agonist.