Supersets and Strip Sets

Hi,

I am 2 weeks into an Ian King arm specialization program. It has a bunch of strip sets and supersets that give me a huge pump while I lift which is great. but because of this I need to use much lighter weight to complete all the sets and reps. The problem is I am not getting any soreness the next day. Am I still growing?

Thanks!
KraigY

Just because you’re not absolutely sore the next doesn’t really mean anything. For one the biceps are the best and quickest recuperative muscles in the body, next to them the triceps, so therefor you just might not feel it or another reason your CNS could be either adapt or immune in a sense to higher sets and drop sets. Personally I get a great pump doing whatever but I don’t get any soreness the next day unless I use weights that I can only use a rep range of 4-8 in.

[quote]IndigoRacer wrote:
Just because you’re not absolutely sore the next doesn’t really mean anything. For one the biceps are the best and quickest recuperative muscles in the body, next to them the triceps, so therefor you just might not feel it or another reason your CNS could be either adapt or immune in a sense to higher sets and drop sets. Personally I get a great pump doing whatever but I don’t get any soreness the next day unless I use weights that I can only use a rep range of 4-8 in.[/quote]

I think you’re correct about the high rep range. I too feel much more sore after say a 5x5 program than I do doing this one.

This has been said a million times, but clearly it needs saying again…judge your workouts on performance, not soreness. If you do more reps with a certain weight than your previous workout or lift more weight then your progressing! Who wants to be sore anyway??! I usually find i get most sore on the first workout of a given program…which is always the one where im lifting the least…so what does that say about soreness as a measure of progress…it aint one! Lifting more in the same amount of time is…so base your results on performance increases NOT soreness!