Superman!

[quote]kung_fu_king wrote:
Anyway i have more respect for Batman cos he has no superpowers - he’s just a regular mortal human, so he puts his ass on the line every night.[/quote]

Policemen and such do that anyway. Why choose a hero that overshadows the every day heros?

Superman all the way.

The BEST artist of Superman/Batman is Jim Lee- no doubt. All the chicks look like fitness models and even Gordon looks like a juicer in his Hush series.

Mike O’hearn is perfect for the role.
However, hollywood is full of pussy boys that won’t give jacked up dudes a shot.

Here is O’Hearn playing Superman

[quote]JackAss wrote:
However, hollywood is full of pussy boys that won’t give jacked up dudes a shot.

He represents a better Superman for sure.

It’s like that because he was born there but he was almost immediately sent to earth. So, it would be like if you were born in Africa move to America. Then, some guy brought something from Africa that wouldn’t make most people that came from Africa allergic. It would you because your body isn’t immune to it.

[quote]The Brain wrote:
Now, except for smallville I’ve never been into superman, I’m more a fan of the “Do it yourself” hero’s [punisher, the hulk, ironman etc… nerds of doom]. But how is it that krypton rocks make him weaker [nearly killing him in the movies] if on krypton he is a ‘normal human’? Wouldn’t they just dull him down to human levels like the planet did?[/quote]

The interesting thing is that he probably wouldn’t be so buff. If he was as amazingly strong as he is in the comics, the amount of weight that he would have to lift to build that amount of muscle would be amazing. He’d have to do GVT with like fucking planets, ya know? Just a thought
-Matt

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
JackAss wrote:

He represents a better Superman for sure.[/quote]

Yeah, he looks good in the part… But even from this short trailer you can see the earlier point about big guys vs. good actors… He looks good, but his performance is bad, real bad, and it couldn’t carry a feature film… especially when you consider how little dramatic material was covered…

ps… batman is cool, but superman is much cooler…

[quote]Eric at RIT wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
JackAss wrote:

He represents a better Superman for sure.

Yeah, he looks good in the part… But even from this short trailer you can see the earlier point about big guys vs. good actors… He looks good, but his performance is bad, real bad, and it couldn’t carry a feature film… especially when you consider how little dramatic material was covered…

ps… batman is cool, but superman is much cooler…[/quote]

Well, i know that he probably wasn’t much of an actor, but hell Arnold learned to be decent.

i know this is a bit off the subject. but id like to inquire on input to who would win in a hulk vs. superman brawl. and why this would be possible. i saw the dc vs marvel story and that was fucking lame. not so much that superman won but that the battle was short and didnt emphasize as to what made the advantage. im a fan of both(although i like the hulk better) but id just like to hear what your take on this would be.

Let my nerdiness help clarify::

Superman is kryptonian, his unique molecular structure allows him to absorb rays from our yellow sun that gives him such abilities as super strength, denser skin (enough to stop bullets, etc), and manipulate his own electromagnetic/gravity field (ie, fly).

Kryptonians were borne conquerors and through science and sheer determination created a civilization that we can barely fathom.

Lex Luthor became rich because he used the phanthom zone device to learn a bit about pretty ancient kryptonian science… and the ancient stuff was so revolutionary to us that he became reknown as HUGE inventor/business man.

Aside from this, the experiments that they did, and the fact that the planet was just old and dying created some sort of radiation that was going to cause the planet to explode.

The radiation would eventually kill the people of Krypton anyway but before that could even happen, Krypton exploded.

The fragments of the planet were supercharged with the same radiation and thus… lethal to Superman/Clark because of his kryptonian physiology.

In large amounts (or after years of exposure) it is lethal to humans but the only reported cause of overexposure was lex luthor (I believe).

Now leaving the fantasy realm,

XN

[quote]Chris Adams wrote:
It’s like that because he was born there but he was almost immediately sent to earth. So, it would be like if you were born in Africa move to America. Then, some guy brought something from Africa that wouldn’t make most people that came from Africa allergic. It would you because your body isn’t immune to it.

The Brain wrote:
Now, except for smallville I’ve never been into superman, I’m more a fan of the “Do it yourself” hero’s [punisher, the hulk, ironman etc… nerds of doom]. But how is it that krypton rocks make him weaker [nearly killing him in the movies] if on krypton he is a ‘normal human’? Wouldn’t they just dull him down to human levels like the planet did?

[/quote]

[quote]ironmanlives79 wrote:
i know this is a bit off the subject. but id like to inquire on input to who would win in a hulk vs. superman brawl. and why this would be possible. i saw the dc vs marvel story and that was fucking lame. not so much that superman won but that the battle was short and didnt emphasize as to what made the advantage. im a fan of both(although i like the hulk better) but id just like to hear what your take on this would be. [/quote]

In the Crises on Multiple Earths Saga, Superman moves planets easily 200x the size of earth or some shit like that.

His strength has (seemingly) no bounds.

Of course neither does the hulks…the stronger he needs to be the stronger he gets. It’s like he has Finaplix on tap.

So he also has no bounds.

Superman is rumored to be the equivalent of a demi-god by Darkseid & his minions… that apparently he doesn’t even use his abilities to their full potential.

Hulk is his equivalent in every way except that he’s rage driven and can’t fly. His abilities to regenerate put wolverine to shame. He’s been stabbed by wolverine and regenerated so fast that wolverine’s hand was stuck in him.

Alternately that he wouldn’t even be able to penetrate (no homo) superman.

Really it’s a toss up. I’d put my money on superman only cause he’s a farmboy and I learned that you dont fuck with farmboys…

Though hell, give him enough time to plan… Batman will PWN anyone.

Nerd Xen, OUT.

[quote]ironmanlives79 wrote:
i know this is a bit off the subject. but id like to inquire on input to who would win in a hulk vs. superman brawl. and why this would be possible. i saw the dc vs marvel story and that was fucking lame. not so much that superman won but that the battle was short and didnt emphasize as to what made the advantage. im a fan of both(although i like the hulk better) but id just like to hear what your take on this would be. [/quote]

The primary reason is that the Hulk is actually a human being that is “raided” (radiation enhanced) rather than being a being from another world who can toss around the Statue of Liberty.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
ironmanlives79 wrote:
i know this is a bit off the subject. but id like to inquire on input to who would win in a hulk vs. superman brawl. and why this would be possible. i saw the dc vs marvel story and that was fucking lame. not so much that superman won but that the battle was short and didnt emphasize as to what made the advantage. im a fan of both(although i like the hulk better) but id just like to hear what your take on this would be.

In the Crises on Multiple Earths Saga, Superman moves planets easily 200x the size of earth or some shit like that.

His strength has (seemingly) no bounds.

Of course neither does the hulks…the stronger he needs to be the stronger he gets. It’s like he has Finaplix on tap.

So he also has no bounds.

Superman is rumored to be the equivalent of a demi-god by Darkseid & his minions… that apparently he doesn’t even use his abilities to their full potential.

Hulk is his equivalent in every way except that he’s rage driven and can’t fly. His abilities to regenerate put wolverine to shame. He’s been stabbed by wolverine and regenerated so fast that wolverine’s hand was stuck in him.

Alternately that he wouldn’t even be able to penetrate (no homo) superman.

Really it’s a toss up. I’d put my money on superman only cause he’s a farmboy and I learned that you dont fuck with farmboys…

Though hell, give him enough time to plan… Batman will PWN anyone.

Nerd Xen, OUT.

[/quote]

The problem with superheroes who are written by multiple peole is that each writer decides the hero has different powers. Sometimes Superman has the power to move earth, othertimes he his punches only send guys flying back a few hundred feet. Sometimes aquaman can communicate with animals, othertimes he can kill a man with his mental powers.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
The problem with superheroes who are written by multiple peole is that each writer decides the hero has different powers. Sometimes Superman has the power to move earth, othertimes he his punches only send guys flying back a few hundred feet. Sometimes aquaman can communicate with animals, othertimes he can kill a man with his mental powers.
[/quote]

Just once i’d like to see Superman go all out on a bad guy… You know, punch them so hard their head explodes… That kind of stuff.

Then i’d think he was cool instead of thinking he’s a douche in tights.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

Lots of cool stuff about superman.

Now leaving the fantasy realm,

XN
[/quote]

Wow, cheers, makes sense now.

Xen Nova,
If the planet fragments are contaminated with this lethal radiation, why is superman not affected the same by all kryptonite? Why is he affected differently by green, red, black and silver kryptonite?

Indra

I just read the new Wizard with 26 pages of stuff on Routh and the new Superman film he’s 6’5" and 250 he really isn’t that light but he’s pretty tall, also they had a padded suit that he was wearing but because of what he bulked up to they took much of the padding out.

If anyone wants to see Superman unleash his full potential see the Girl From Krypton in the Batman Superman book where he fights Darksied also the In the Name of Gog story line where Gog injects him with liquid kryptonite and several villians lean he is recurperating at Star Labs he tells them he’s too weak to pull his punches, and they all leave with their tails between their legs.

Kryptonite hurts him because his world was dying from a radiation from years of abuse, the radiation hurts humans as well Luther was diagnosed with acancer and had his hand amputated when he wore the kryptonite ring.

I think this one is better…

WRT to showing the wheels

I don’t remember what the story is called but there is a graphic novel where this Gog guy went into the future, killed Superman, then would go just a little bit back in time and do it agian, repeating this process until he had killed like over a hundred or so Supermen. Loved it. There also is a web site somewhere that goes into detail about the realities of Superman banging an earth woman. Like how his ejaculate would reach the velocity of a high-powered hunting rifle, how he would just tear a woman in half when orgazming due to the involuntary contractions of the male body when doing so and how his sperm would also be super-powered and would go on swimming for an indefinite period of time whether in a female body or outside of one. Funny shit.