Superheroes with Guns

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
If you like Deadpool you will like Deathstroke from DC probably too.
Also, may I recommend:

• The Phantom. They just restarted a series and I got through issues 1-8 (they are at 10, I believe) and it is quite good.

Another recommendation would be Batman’s idol:

• the Shadow (old comic, an idol of Batman)

Others:
-Grifter (DC), look him up, good stuff.
-Red Hood (DC)
-Jonah Hex (DC)
-Cable (Marvel)
-Bishop (Marvel)

Hope that helps a bit,

Have fun getting back into reading.

Marc[/quote]

nice! nice! nice!

thanks brother, that sets me up good.

EDIT: i just looked up The Phantom… i remember seeing a few minutes of The Phantom movie. i don’t think i have to say any more. but i will. Billy Zane ruined that character for me. damn him.

Psycopath from Silverwolf comics had mini-guns hidden as trash cans in various alleys around his city.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
Why characters with guns specifically?[/quote]

cuz their cool. guess i’m diggin’ what Deadpool is swingin’.

Edit: they’re cool. not their cool. [/quote]

OK. A few that haven’t been mentioned:

Hellboy
Judge Dredd
Saint of Killers (from Preacher)
Wesley Gibson (from Wanted)

OP, what made you get back into comics after 25 years?

I’ve started getting back into them myself, after more a 30yr hiatus. But, I buy more of the trade paperbacks than actual comics for the most part.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

so not only are we old, but we’re on a forum at 1 am on a saturday night. take the gun from your avatar and put me out of my misery.
[/quote]

if it makes you feel better so was i.

lolz jk

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Psycopath from Silverwolf comics had mini-guns hidden as trash cans in various alleys around his city. [/quote]

that gives me an idea.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
OP, what made you get back into comics after 25 years?

I’ve started getting back into them myself, after more a 30yr hiatus. But, I buy more of the trade paperbacks than actual comics for the most part. [/quote]

i guess it was a combo of all the recent Marvel movies that i’ve seen lately (Captain America, Thor, etc)… and trying to get some inspiration for my screenwriting.

Did someone say Superhero with GUNNNNNS?

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
If you like Deadpool you will like Deathstroke from DC probably too.
Also, may I recommend:

• The Phantom. They just restarted a series and I got through issues 1-8 (they are at 10, I believe) and it is quite good.

Another recommendation would be Batman’s idol:

• the Shadow (old comic, an idol of Batman)

Others:
-Grifter (DC), look him up, good stuff.
-Red Hood (DC)
-Jonah Hex (DC)
-Cable (Marvel)
-Bishop (Marvel)

Hope that helps a bit,

Have fun getting back into reading.

Marc[/quote]

nice! nice! nice!

thanks brother, that sets me up good.

EDIT: i just looked up The Phantom… i remember seeing a few minutes of The Phantom movie. i don’t think i have to say any more. but i will. Billy Zane ruined that character for me. damn him.
[/quote]

hahaha, yeah, sorry about that. It did the same to me and I did not read the comic for years!
However, a buddy of mine ‘forced’ me to read the new series and I have to say it was good, much more adult, if you get my drift. Maybe you will like the character again after the movie is no longer in your memory. Shake it off bud, shake it off :slight_smile:

Also Sgt Rock.

If you’re interested in comics that involve a lot of guns, then check out The Losers and 100 Bullets

Flash Thompson Venom use guns but thats because hes working for the Military so it would be weird not seeing him with a gun. TBH,I dont understand the point of having a gun if you have Venoms symbiote power. Whatever,Anti-Venom is cooler anyway.

Fantomex

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
hahaha, yeah, sorry about that. It did the same to me and I did not read the comic for years!
However, a buddy of mine ‘forced’ me to read the new series and I have to say it was good, much more adult, if you get my drift. Maybe you will like the character again after the movie is no longer in your memory. Shake it off bud, shake it off :)[/quote]

i’ll try, but the taste of Billy Zane is hard to get out… wait, what?

Bujo - i assume The Losers comic is what the movie was based on? if so, i dug the movie, i’ll try to check out the comic.

QuadasarusFlex - although Venom doesn’t need the guns, it looks cool. and that’s pretty important when you’re killing people.

imhungry - Fantomex! i found out about him a couple days ago and i love the cut of his jib. this is what i’m talking about.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

i am as old as your ‘break from comics’ lol [/quote]

hahaahahahaahahaahahahaahaha

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

i am as old as your ‘break from comics’ lol [/quote]

hahaahahahaahahaahahahaahaha [/quote]

I fail to see the humor in that, sir.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
However, a buddy of mine ‘forced’ me to read the new series and I have to say it was good, much more adult, if you get my drift. Maybe you will like the character again after the movie is no longer in your memory. Shake it off bud, shake it off :)[/quote]

i’ll try, but the taste of Billy Zane is hard to get out… wait, what?[/quote]

hahaha, yeah. You know, few owners have an issue with you reading them first at your favorite comic book store. Also, sometimes there are samples online as well. Here’s a link for a Phantom story line. It is annoying to click on each page but it just gives you an idea and you might be able to find samples of comics to read before you buy as Google is your friend.

If I find something cool I’ll post it for ya,

Marc

Only cool superhero who ever used a gun was Captain America.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
hahaha, yeah. You know, few owners have an issue with you reading them first at your favorite comic book store. Also, sometimes there are samples online as well. Here’s a link for a Phantom story line. It is annoying to click on each page but it just gives you an idea and you might be able to find samples of comics to read before you buy as Google is your friend.

If I find something cool I’ll post it for ya,

Marc[/quote]

nice man, thanks. i like the dialogue at the beginning.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
Bujo - i assume The Losers comic is what the movie was based on? if so, i dug the movie, i’ll try to check out the comic.

QuadasarusFlex - although Venom doesn’t need the guns, it looks cool. and that’s pretty important when you’re killing people.

imhungry - Fantomex! i found out about him a couple days ago and i love the cut of his jib. this is what i’m talking about. [/quote]

I love that movie. The Losers do more ass kicking in the comics, and it’s cool how some scenes went directly from the printed page to film.

I think pretty much everybody at Marvel got a gun in the 90s. The NRA must have had one hell of a role call back then.