Superhero Hangout

Could some of you guys following the superhero program post what your diets look like?
With the high volume of the program, I would think that it would require a lot of calories to maintain that workload. But one of the purposes of the program seems to be to get ripped. What are you guys eating?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
I want to be a superhero.

You can be Atom Ant.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha! That’s awesome!

I am currently eating under maintenance, so there is NO WAY I’m doing this program! I’m saving it for either at maintenance or slightly above. Looks incredible, though.

Dharmbaum: I’m going to post something in CT’s Locker Room and see what he says as I’m using it as a mainly “recomp” program (gained some fat over the holidays and want it turned back into muscle.) Planning on adding morning walks (as suggessted by Lowery’s 100 workouts to ripped city article, but I’ll post something to CT and see what he thinks people like me and you should do.

As for eating under maintenance I think this is definitely NOT the program for something like that as your going to be hitting the weights very hard and are going to be needing a lot of solid nutrition to recover.

It’s day 4 and my legs are still cripple sore, as well as some DOMS in my arms. Luckily today is back to shoulders/upper back so I should be all right.

Hi guys
As I said in an earlier post I will be starting this monday week.
I was wondering what the intensity was like as I will also be doing 4 Muay Thai and San shou training sessions durring these 12 weeks.
Fluffy

Fluffy: Probably depends on what you’ve been doing in the past workout wise. The intensity is pretty high, fairly high volume, lots of work. It’s a little worse for me as I’m coming off sort of a break from an injury and experiencing some DOMS as a result (this is my first real training program since a 3 week get back in shape phase). If your other sessions take a lot out of your body you may have to scale back some of these workouts and drop a couple sets.

Thanks H factor
I will see how I go may cut down on the martial arts sessions.
Fluffy

This is another good one by CT. I’ve just finished a month of OVT and am now doing AoW again (Haven’t done it in a while). I was tempted to do Shoulder Overhaul after my back off week but i think i’ll hit the superhero program instead.

The legs day sounds very OVTish. I still don’t know how i walked out of the gym on my own two legs after the workout!!

Hey all, Two weeks ago finished up doing my full body split…High calarie burning throu the holidays…Now that I am back to eating clean the superhero kicked my ass the first week, mostly the leg day…what a super set Romans and Squats are…had my weights the same, I pyramided the weight up the 315…finished the last set of squat for 20 but the Romans was maybe 5 and last one being all back.

I was in to much pain to count…100 rep reverse peck deck made me fell like a little girl…with the last 15 reps done at 20lbs and i thought I was starting low at 70lbs…I did use bands on the bench…you need to sleep…eat/drink your meals…if your full eat…got to sleep and hour earlier…

2 days after Leg/Arm Day my legs are still sore(there is some definite shock value to me since i probably have not done legs with high reps in over a year). The day after legs I did about 45 min. on a X Trainer … but most of my energy system work will be leg dominant.

The Trap Conjugate/Shoulder Heavy day wasn’t anything special for me … The shrugs seemed a bit routine and I was able to do a bit more on rear delts than lateral raises … however, this is clearly showing some of my imbalances (this one definitely created by the fact that I have done a o-lift variation 3 times a week for a long time)

Day four for me was yesterday night. Legs still feel pretty sore three days later, planning on going for a recovery walk/jog today.

I liked day 4, I’ve never done Haney shrugs before and these hit pretty good, I switched the upright rowing to clean high pulls (basically an upright row with a leg kick, these hurt my shoulders less). Rear delt machine times 100 whupped me.

I think I’m gonna do Saturdays workout tonight (Chest/Back) as I won’t have time to do it on the day it’s supposed to be done, and then have two full “off” days. Feeling pretty good about the program so far, going to make a few changes in exercise selection to better fit me that I’ll probably post later. Nothing major, maybe just doing some barbell exercises with dumbells or a slightly different variation of an exercise that I prefer.

I did the Chest/Back saturday and the Trap Day thursday. Didn’t feel sore, but I could tell there was no day off in between. I didnt do the trap day last week … and my weights on chest were lower today than last week. I have had this problem with CT’s workouts before, where i felt like i was losing strength, so i quit them. Anyway, I am gonna make sure my food intake is up (it tends to drop on the weekends) so i make it the entire 12 weeks.

does anyone know what sort of rest periods between sets and exercises i should do for this program?

“The rest intervals should be as short as possible without interfering with workout intensity… normally 60-90 sec. for compound movements, 45-60 sec. for isolation work.”
-CT refering to the SH workout

How many times yall got to stop on the 100 rep lifts?

[quote]skinnybarstard wrote:
does anyone know what sort of rest periods between sets and exercises i should do for this program?[/quote]

[quote]halflife wrote:

How many times yall got to stop on the 100 rep lifts?

[/quote]

Week 1: I took breaks at about 50, 80, & 90.
This week I slowed down but I took no breaks at same weight. :slight_smile:

I performed 100 rear delts non-pause I believe, but pauses on 45, 60, 75, 90 on lateral raises…I’ll try to improve this week.

Speaking of this week, my gym was closed today so I’m one day behind. Going to do day one tommorow (tuesday) which represents my first workout of week 2. I’ll post thoughts and exercise changes afterwards.

After dealing with injuries and realizing that my newfound strength gains from the past year have made only a small impact on “looking good naked,” I’ve decided to use the Superhero training plan. I was using Westside methods since September and made good gains. But for the last few weeks, I just wasn’t feeling it.

I’ve been trying to get bigger and stronger for the past year. I’m stronger now than ever before, but it just doesn’t look like I lift much, and I don’t have the physique I really want.

So my partners and I are going purely for asthetics to get ready for spring/summer in Florida.

We started this week, and my shoulders/traps are fried from Monday’s workout! Looking forward to today’s leg and arm workout. I haven’t done anything like this in years, so I should receive some good benefits.

I’ll keep you guys posted. I’m also following Berardi’s “Precision Nutrition” in order to get bigger and leaner.

Good to have you on board Nate Dogg!

Sorta the same boat as you, using this as my “beach” ready program. Actually I’m using this as my setup to beach ready program as when I finish this I’ll probably do something else to really bring out the cuts/drop any body fat.

Just for discussion, has anyone looked at this:

A1. Back squat
1 x 15, 1 x 12, 1 x 8, 1 x 20

A2. Romanian deadlift
1 x 12, 1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 15

B1. Leg press
3 x 10-12 reps

B2. Gironda leg curl (leg curl with an elevated torso, as in a push-up position)
3 x 10-12 reps

C. Leg curl
1 x 100 reps

This barely looks possible for someone whos ass got whupped just from Squats/Romanian DL’s in week 1. Maybe I’ll be ready for it in a few weeks, but damn!

Also, I’m only doing each phase for 3 weeks not 4 (making the program, 9 weeks as opposed to 12). I talked to CT and he didn’t think it would be a big deal.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Good to have you on board Nate Dogg![/quote]

Word.

[quote]Just for discussion, has anyone looked at this:

A1. Back squat

A2. Romanian deadlift

B1. Leg press
3 x 10-12 reps

B2. Gironda leg curl (leg curl with an elevated torso, as in a push-up position)
3 x 10-12 reps

C. Leg curl
1 x 100 reps

This barely looks possible for someone whos ass got whupped just from Squats/Romanian DL’s in week 1. Maybe I’ll be ready for it in a few weeks, but damn![/quote]

I’ve had to make minor changes to exercise selection for the entire workout since I train at home and have limited equipment.

I agree. The squats/romanian deadlift supersets look hard enough. That is going to be one killer leg day. However, mine will be set up like this:

Tuesday (Quads/Hams)

A1. Back squat
A2. Romanian deadlift

B1. Barbell hack squat
3 x 10-12 reps
B2. Lunge
3 x 10-12 reps

C. Step up
1 x 100 reps

And that may be even tougher than the original set up!

I’m doin this also. I just finished up my own fullbody program. However I hope this is’nt geared toward beginnners. I’m starting today on Tuesday, and skipping monday, don’t know how it will pan out but w/e I just want to train and don’t feel like waiting till next week. As for eating i’m just gonna follow his recommendations for diet, and carb cycle the way he said, keep my protein high and so forth, also doing 100 workouts to ripped city by Lowery.