Superhero Complex Support Thread

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]Jaynick77 wrote:

[quote]Dot Fender wrote:
When adding more volume to the Superhero Strength Complex program by AR ( active rest muscle training ), will there be too high a risk of overtraining, ( overstressing the CNS ), when I dont take Indigo ? [/quote]

I don’t see why it would. I just finished my 12th week of these complexes and I have yet to feel overtrained. I follow the Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri schedule for the core lifts and then Wed and Sat is back and bicep training, while Sunday I just go for a jog.

How have you been feeling on Indigo? Do you feel like it’s substantially improved your performance and physique? Were the results worth the price tag? [/quote]

Pretty much do the same thing, except, I dont jog. Wednesday and Saturday is complex for fat loss and Sunday is band work.

Peri Work Out is a must though. Wouldn’t function without it.[/quote]

Sounds cool, what do your wed/sat workouts look like?

I do the Waterbury complex.

Ty for reply, sry for my lack of english skills, I have not tried the Indigo, and think I never will because I live in Denmark, cannot get it through the custom from the States, and if they start to sell it from Biotest UK it will cost WAY to much.

[quote]Dot Fender wrote:
Ty for reply, sry for my lack of english skills, I have not tried the Indigo, and think I never will because I live in Denmark, cannot get it through the custom from the States, and if they start to sell it from Biotest UK it will cost WAY to much.
[/quote]

No problem, your English is pretty good actually. The Superhero Complexes are just fine without Indigo-3G. If you can get your hands on MAG-10 and Surge Workout Fuel that would be a huge bonus for you though. :slight_smile:

[quote]JFG wrote:

I do the Waterbury complex.[/quote]

I missed that article somewhere… looks cool.

I just started doing CT’s back program from his livespill as an addon to the SH Complex. My upper back and traps are really sore today, feels good. LOL

just trained chest combined with biceps as AR, topped it of with 3 sets of Svend press, pumped to the max.
Try it…

Been doing Canadian bear. How does this compare for size and strength? I’m not to interested in fat loss. Just curiuos what you guys who have been doing this think. I mostly hear about the fat loss aspect but I don’t really care about that.

[quote]flightposite wrote:
Been doing Canadian bear. How does this compare for size and strength? I’m not to interested in fat loss. Just curiuos what you guys who have been doing this think. I mostly hear about the fat loss aspect but I don’t really care about that. [/quote]

I think that the amount of volume SH Complex system provides combined with a solid diet will provide mass gains that you’re looking for.

Thanks Jay I will give it a try.

A good solution to a crowded gym might be to bring some bands? Find a squat rack and do something like the following:

Overload - Squat w/Bands
Strenght - Squat
Strenght-speed - Band lightened Squats
Speed-Strenght - whatever
explosive - whatever.

Pick a weight for the strenght part and keep it the same for the first three exercises. Attach bands to base of the rack for Overload, take them off for Strenght, attach some to the top of the rack for Strenght-speed. If you use different bands for Overload and Strenght-speed, all you have to do loop them on the bar or take them off between sets. Should be pretty easy to sort out for all 4 complexes. I might give this a try tonight. I don’t lift in a crowded gym, but my home gym is pretty limited on space.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
A good solution to a crowded gym might be to bring some bands? Find a squat rack and do something like the following:

Overload - Squat w/Bands
Strenght - Squat
Strenght-speed - Band lightened Squats
Speed-Strenght - whatever
explosive - whatever.

Pick a weight for the strenght part and keep it the same for the first three exercises. Attach bands to base of the rack for Overload, take them off for Strenght, attach some to the top of the rack for Strenght-speed. If you use different bands for Overload and Strenght-speed, all you have to do loop them on the bar or take them off between sets. Should be pretty easy to sort out for all 4 complexes. I might give this a try tonight. I don’t lift in a crowded gym, but my home gym is pretty limited on space.[/quote]

You could also add boards/box/move pins for the overload portion if you don’t want to do full ROM. The key would be to use bands so that you’re not using two stations or constantly shuffling weights.

Hi all, I am thinking of starting the superhero complex and was just wondering what everyone did for bi’s and tri’s. As I can see the program only covers large muscle groups. Did anyone add bi and tri exercises? Or is this program enough?

[quote]orelj wrote:
Hi all, I am thinking of starting the superhero complex and was just wondering what everyone did for bi’s and tri’s. As I can see the program only covers large muscle groups. Did anyone add bi and tri exercises? Or is this program enough?[/quote]

You are missing the point of the program.

Sorry can you please explain.

I notice even with the IBodybuilder program, there is no specific exercises that target smaller muscle groups.

Look forward to your feedback.

Superhero will reveal what you have. if you dont have it, dont do it.

iBB has a lot of of smaller muscle groups. Give it a try for 12 weeks and eat lots.

Cheers

Thanks JFG.

I am trying to strip some bodyfat without losing much strength so this program is ideal.

One more question, do you see any benefit in varying angles from day to day, i.e Flat Bench Press to Incline?

From day to day? No.

Do the program as is, for a full cycle. Learn what CT is trying to teach you.

After that, do some minor tweaks to bring up lagging parts, if you want. But unless you are a bodybuilder, you should just concentrate on putting on quality mass all over.

Now, stop asking question about the small stuff, lift, eat and lift some more.

1 Like

Program is unreal
bench is up 40 lbs in 4 weeks,
you have to hit it hard, really go hard intensity wise
On the weekend do a fun day where you nail traps/arms/side delts etc/calves
I would say most likely my big three lifts have went up like 150lbs
bench 285-325
squat 405-455
dead 495-545

Follow it and eat big, I am heavier and leaner
6’1 220

Awesome thanks

I am doing the 5/3/1-superhero hibrid that Ct suggested in his lifespill

Last set of 5/3/1 and overload are same load, due to the shortened rest periods 30s between exercises, 60s between rotations)

Does it seem right?