Superfood vs Everything Else

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
if your dietary intake of fruits and veggies is pathetic then Superfood will likely be a miracle for you

otherwise if you already take in a few pounds of veggies a day then the Superfood benefit will likely be mild at best[/quote]

That’s the point. If our diets were perfect, many supplements would be rather useless. Unfortunately, most people’s diets are far from perfect and the convenience and quality of Superfood can’t be beat.

I work in the fitness industry and don’t know many, if any, people that eat a few pounds of fruits and veges a day.

[quote]rsg wrote:

You should try it on protein pancakes - delicious! I make the better from wholewheat flour, eggs, milk, protein powder. Then as a topping - lemon juice, Superfood sprinkled and peanut butter. It’s awesome for breakfast.[/quote]

I’ll try that tomorrow, thanks.

[quote]Nanan wrote:
Is it just me or does Superfood taste vile? I regret buying the stuff because it taste so bad, the taste overpowers anything mixed with it. Sure it may be healthy but having to choak it down and fighting the urge to puke isn’t helping me.[/quote]

Whoa! Have you tried any of the other greens products out there? There is some nasty tasting shit out there. Superfood to me tastes absolutely awesome, I usually just drink it straight up by itself. Taste is subjective I guess though, and it can be used in a variety of ways to still gain some benefit from its use.

-Matt

Superfood is sort of like protein shakes. What would you rather spend your time doing, preparing food and eating it, or just slamming a shake and getting some work done?

[quote]rsg wrote:

You should try it on protein pancakes - delicious! I make the better from wholewheat flour, eggs, milk, protein powder. Then as a topping - lemon juice, Superfood sprinkled and peanut butter. It’s awesome for breakfast.[/quote]

That sounds awesome.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
kellerdp wrote:
Superfood is okay. I definitely don’t think it’s worth the $40 per bottle.

To be honest, I don’t feel any different in the two months that I’ve been using it versus the multi that I was taking.

I don’t think that Superfood is the kind of supp you notice much effect from; it’s not designed that way.

Rather (to my mind) is a form of ‘insurance’ against oxidative stress damage which triggers some cancers and contributes strongly towards the aging process.

I’m betting that 10 years of products like superfood will have immense benefits, however, short term use, not so much.

But, that’s just my analysis.

Bushy[/quote]

I bet high dose Superfood during particularly intense phases of training (high load/high volume) could be of great benefit.

[quote]supabeast wrote:
Superfood is sort of like protein shakes. What would you rather spend your time doing, preparing food and eating it, or just slamming a shake and getting some work done?[/quote]

I’d rather not be a lazy ass and eat some real food.

[quote]Dubbz wrote:
supabeast wrote:
Superfood is sort of like protein shakes. What would you rather spend your time doing, preparing food and eating it, or just slamming a shake and getting some work done?

I’d rather not be a lazy ass and eat some real food.[/quote]

Some of us have career, family, and/or school commitments that take a higher priority than preparing food all of the time, so it has nothing to do with being a “lazy ass.”

Any, yes, I know how to minimize food prep time.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
supabeast wrote:

Some of us have career, family, and/or school commitments that take a higher priority than preparing food all of the time, so it has nothing to do with being a “lazy ass.”

Any, yes, I know how to minimize food prep time.[/quote]

fruits take no prep time. veggies a little more so,but saying you can’t eat fruit/veggies because of time constraints is a cop out.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
supabeast wrote:

fruits take no prep time. veggies a little more so,but saying you can’t eat fruit/veggies because of time constraints is a cop out.

[/quote]

How about I don’t feel like eating a bunch of veggies because they fucking suck.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
supabeast wrote:

How about I don’t feel like eating a bunch of veggies because they fucking suck.

[/quote]
hahaha Atleast you’re owning up to it and not copping out.

I’m sure Biotest loves the “why eat real food when you can just slam supplements?” mentality. A protein shake, superfood, Flameout…thats a good meal right? You’d think they’d come up with a program where you’d just take their supplements instead of eating…oh wait, they did.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
supabeast wrote:

[/quote]

that’s a different issue and I agree completely.

most of them have no taste at all to me

I eat fruit with every meal instead :wink:

hence the reason I take superfood, because veggies are good for you, but the only ones I eat are spinach every day

Superfood tastes good.
I tried the greens+ crap and tha tstuff was like liquid alfafa.
then there was the lime stuff.
eww picture a lemon lime alka seltser trying to cover the taste of fresh cut grass,ewwwww.

Superfood is far better ,but it mixes like crap in water.
I have to let it sit for a while in the fridge then its like tea.
infact i have a half gallon mixed up in the fridge.
I was a little surprised in the size of the box when it came ,but it is not a waste by any means.

[quote]nichaaron wrote:
superfood is far better ,but it mixes like crap in water.
[/quote]

I bought one of those mini shakers from Vitamin Shoppe, works great for mixing Superfood. It definitely doesn’t mix well with a spoon.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
nichaaron wrote:

I bought one of those mini shakers from Vitamin Shoppe, works great for mixing Superfood. It definitely doesn’t mix well with a spoon.[/quote]

shaker bottle is great, spoon in cup is doable, but leaves chunks.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
dfreezy wrote:
nichaaron wrote:

I bought one of those mini shakers from Vitamin Shoppe, works great for mixing Superfood. It definitely doesn’t mix well with a spoon.

shaker bottle is great, spoon in cup is doable, but leaves chunks.

[/quote]

I have one of them ones as well
the ones with the wire ball inside?
with this it still mixes like crap maybe i am not shaking it hard enough
in a shake you dont notice it but when i make up my juice I am at times chewing it.which is not nad really its really tasty I think.
I just have a bottle made up in the fridge and I use that cold liquid to make up my shakes or drink it from the jug whatever.

No, the shaker I’m referring to isn’t a full size one thats used for protein shakes- it only holds 8 oz. of liquid.

Personally I’d rather mix it with water fresh since the stability of the antioxidants/bioactives in water isn’t really known. It should be fine, but who knows.

I’d say about the only comparable greens product is berry greens: no grass fillers, no hippie ingredients (royal jelly, etc.) and 10 strains of probiotic organisms. Doesn’t taste too bad either, and you can get it cheap from Amazon.