Superfood vs Everything Else

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1900223

Is everything else a waste of money?

What everything? Everything on this site? Every other powder or multivitamin? Be more specific.

Define “everything else”

Superfood > multis

that’s about all you can compare it to

Superfood is okay. I definitely don’t think it’s worth the $40 per bottle.

To be honest, I don’t feel any different in the two months that I’ve been using it versus the multi that I was taking.

[quote]kellerdp wrote:
Superfood is okay. I definitely don’t think it’s worth the $40 per bottle.

To be honest, I don’t feel any different in the two months that I’ve been using it versus the multi that I was taking. [/quote]

I feel a lot better using Superfood than I did using a multivitamin/mineral supplement.

No matter what, I make sure to get 1 to 2 servings of Superfood per day.

Why not make your own ‘Superfood’ shake?

cucumber, spinach, carrots, blueberries, goji berries, asparagus & lettuce all mixed together.

I noticed a difference drinking 1 or 2 a day over a week (skin cleared up considerably, I felt ‘lighter’ and healthier), however, if you leave it overnight all the water is soaked up and it looks like pond scum.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

I don’t think that Superfood is the kind of supp you notice much effect from; it’s not designed that way.

Rather (to my mind) is a form of ‘insurance’ against oxidative stress damage which triggers some cancers and contributes strongly towards the aging process.

I’m betting that 10 years of products like superfood will have immense benefits, however, short term use, not so much.

But, that’s just my analysis.

Bushy[/quote]

I think you’re absolutely correct.

Thanks for the replys i should have been more clear in what i meant. Superfood looks good if it can give you what 12 serves of veges and fruit would seems perfect at least you would be getting your “healthly” food intake in for the day.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

I don’t think that Superfood is the kind of supp you notice much effect from; it’s not designed that way.

Rather (to my mind) is a form of ‘insurance’ against oxidative stress damage which triggers some cancers and contributes strongly towards the aging process.

I’m betting that 10 years of products like superfood will have immense benefits, however, short term use, not so much.

But, that’s just my analysis.

Bushy[/quote]

agreed

Is it just me or does Superfood taste vile? I regret buying the stuff because it taste so bad, the taste overpowers anything mixed with it. Sure it may be healthy but having to choak it down and fighting the urge to puke isn’t helping me.

It ruined my Surge, so I just take it with water now.

About 8 oz’s or so and it’s not bad. :shrug: I think you’re just a pussy :wink:

I mean it doesn’t taste like ice cream, but I’d rather chug down 8 oz’s of that than chew on some broccoli

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
It ruined my Surge, so I just take it with water now.

About 8 oz’s or so and it’s not bad. :shrug: I think you’re just a pussy :wink:

I mean it doesn’t taste like ice cream, but I’d rather chug down 8 oz’s of that than chew on some broccoli [/quote]

Yea I mixed it with Surge yesterday, ugh nasty.

I would rather eat broccoli, I do anyway.

We all have different tastes.

[quote]Nanan wrote:
Is it just me or does Superfood taste vile? I regret buying the stuff because it taste so bad, the taste overpowers anything mixed with it. Sure it may be healthy but having to choak it down and fighting the urge to puke isn’t helping me.[/quote]

Wow - I really cannot fathom how someone could think it tastes “vile”, even by itself.

In fact, its rather tasty to me. Especially in vanilla protein shakes.

Also, strawberry zero-calorie knock-off crystal light + Superfood is delicious.

To each their own.

[quote]Nanan wrote:
Is it just me or does Superfood taste vile? I regret buying the stuff because it taste so bad, the taste overpowers anything mixed with it. Sure it may be healthy but having to choak it down and fighting the urge to puke isn’t helping me.[/quote]

What?? I love this stuff. I don’t know how many times I’ve posted this but hopefully people will try it and spread the word. Before you throw it away try eating it this way.

Get some plain yogurt (lowfat or whole milk, both are good) and add 2 scoops of Superfood and about 1 Tbsp of Splenda (more or less to taste) and mix well. I’m telling you, it’s awesome this way.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Nanan wrote:
Is it just me or does Superfood taste vile? I regret buying the stuff because it taste so bad, the taste overpowers anything mixed with it. Sure it may be healthy but having to choak it down and fighting the urge to puke isn’t helping me.

Wow - I really cannot fathom how someone could think it tastes “vile”, even by itself.

In fact, its rather tasty to me. Especially in vanilla protein shakes.

Also, strawberry zero-calorie knock-off crystal light + Superfood is delicious.

To each their own.[/quote]

You should try it on protein pancakes - delicious! I make the better from wholewheat flour, eggs, milk, protein powder. Then as a topping - lemon juice, Superfood sprinkled and peanut butter. It’s awesome for breakfast.

if your dietary intake of fruits and veggies is pathetic then Superfood will likely be a miracle for you

otherwise if you already take in a few pounds of veggies a day then the Superfood benefit will likely be mild at best