T Nation

Superfood Taste

Anyone have any suggestions on making Superfood taste better? i usually just have it with milk or a post workout shake, but it usually ruins my whole shake.

Any one have anything they do to make it nice?

And should i take it early in the morning , before bed, post, pre workout? any thoughts, same with Flameout, when should i take it?

I just drink it by itself in cold water, tastes like fruit juice to me. I actually enjoy it.

I don’t care much for the taste of my food but I mix mine with oatmeal, whey, and cinnamon. I don’t know… you might like it.

sounds perfect cheers

I like it best with just plain hot water. not boiling, but hot out of the tap. Sip on it like a tea. I enjoy the taste of it.

water here too. Love the taste.

i’m a big fan of a scoop a vanilla protein, a scoop of strawberry protein, and a heaping scoop of superfood blended w/ some ice and orange juice to go w/ my breakfast.

it’s also really good mixed with one of those diet and flavored green or white tea type of beverages from gas stations (also available at supermarkets, but i thought gas stations would be best to describe what i’m talking about).

water…tastes like a raspberry ice tea…mmmm

I like it in cold water.

But when I blend it into a protein shake (chocolate grow + BP + Greek Yogurt) I can’t taste it at all.

[quote]ironbull121270 wrote:
I like it best with just plain hot water. not boiling, but hot out of the tap. Sip on it like a tea. I enjoy the taste of it.[/quote]
You might want to reconsider cooking with or drinking hot water from the tap. for various reasons why, check this link: http://tinyurl.com/2aqq2j3 (I’m lazy and don’t feel like typing it all out) Just take cold water and heat it in the microwave for a bit… Just as effective and alot safer.

16 oz, milk

1 scoop, Grow! Whey
1 Scoop, MD Vanilla
1-2 Scoops, Superfood

Stick in freezer for 10 minutes after thoroughly shaking.

Enjoy like a motherfucker.

The more water you add, the less intense of a taste it will have.

In a glass of hot tea, and add a splash of the berry flavor intensified liquid flavoring if you have it. Awesome. It’s good in smoothies too!

I think it’s fine in just water, but I usually throw a scoop or two in with vanilla or chocolate Metabolic Drive. Sometimes adding a dash of cinnamon with the vanilla MD.

A buddy of mine mixes Superfood into lemon-flavored seltzer and loves it, but I haven’t tried that myself.

[quote]Rollsroyce13 wrote:
And should i take it early in the morning , before bed, post, pre workout?[/quote]
Really anytime of day is fine. Don’t stress over when, just take it whenever it’s convenient.

Again, anytime really (other than pre, during, or post-workout). I usually take them with meals, because I notice more fish burps if I take them on an empty stomach. My girlfriend is the opposite, and takes them a little while before meals.

On a side note, is it strange that my first instinct is to read your name a Holes Hoyce? The Gracies have ruined my ability to appreciate luxury cars.

you guys are lucky, i think Superfood tastes awful. i just knock it back as quickly as possible with some warm water.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
you guys are lucky, i think Superfood tastes awful. i just knock it back as quickly as possible with some warm water.[/quote]

EVen if you don’t like the taste much, it tastes better than munchin on a bunch of broccoli

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:
you guys are lucky, i think Superfood tastes awful. i just knock it back as quickly as possible with some warm water.[/quote]

I don’t even notice it in Metabolic Drive. I actually love the taste, everytime I open it I take a big whiff b/c it smells like a real garden (technically it is). It’s such an awesome supplement, I can’t thank the boys up front enough for bringing it to us.

PS: I’d roll you at Goldeneye :slight_smile: Sniper rifle in the Complex.

yeah cinnamon has done the job for me i think, makes my whole shake taste great, Just anothner question, is it best to take creatine, before or after a workout? or both?

I don’t particularly like the taste of it mixed into shakes, either.

So usually I just mix it into a small glass of fruit juice (grape or pomegranate) or just warm water–tastes like a berry tea to me.

Do you guys keep your Superfood in the fridge or cupboard>? mine seems to get quite lumpy as well, and i get a few large lumps in my drink sometimes too.