T Nation

Superfood Instead of a Multi Vit?

Probably a stupid question but can Superfood be used as a replacement to a Multi vitamin?

Probably.
I think the only time you may need a multi-vit is if you are restricting food intake a lot or you know you have a deficiency/need.

I only ask cause I’m fed up of choking down the 11 chunky tabs in Animal Pak, it’d make it easier and if its freeze dried I’m pretty sure it’d be much better quality than most tablet multi’s

From reading the comments about it, I think it was said to replace multis, if I remember correctly.

Either way, when I de eventually place another order, I won’t be buying any more traditional multivitamins.

Can I give this to my 4 year old?

[quote]STILLERS wrote:
Can I give this to my 4 year old?[/quote]

It’s dried out fruit and veg extract, I don’t see why not - maybe ask TC just to be sure though.

[quote]STILLERS wrote:
Can I give this to my 4 year old?[/quote]

Absolutely.

Just start out with a tiny bit just to be safe, as you never know what strange allergies kids might have to everything and anything.

[quote]Davenegger wrote:
Probably a stupid question but can Superfood be used as a replacement to a Multi vitamin?[/quote]

I quit taking the tablet vitamins a few years ago and opted for eating a lot of vegetables and fruits and using a scoop of Greens Plus in my shakes. I then became aware of some of the harmful ingredients in Greens Plus and nixed using that. Now a scoop of the Superfood will be standard as soon as my order arrives. So, in answer to your question, I think it’s much better to use Superfood and eat a good amount of vegetables and fruits then taking a hard tablet.

D

I plan to use this as a Multi-vitamin when i get my order. I think this will be a superior product to all multi-vitamins on the market.

Looks like more of a greens plus type product to me. The vitamin content and bioavailability is probably decent but I doubt it has the same mineral profile as a multi-vitamin. I suppose it depends on how technical you want to get about the whole subject.

If I was not floating through the financial rapids with just about literally one nostril above water trying to get a business going I would be all over this. Looks to me like a real winner, as do several other Biotest supps I would also be all over.