T Nation

Superfood High Antioxidant and Vitamin Source?

So here it goes I’ve searched for it but can’t find an answer does Superfood replace a multi as far as vitamins are concerned?

I feel stupid asking but I couldn’t find the answer anywhere.

Pretty sure there are 2 arguments I have heard for taking a superfood type supplement, instead of multi-vitamin.

1. Nature does it best. Your body is built to absorb and use vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants that are created in nature from fruits and veggies etc… Thus, your body will be better suited to absorb them from a more natural product such as Superfood, and you don’t run the risk of your body being reliant on pills.

2. Many multi-vitamins have a lot of flaws in them. One being that they have way too much crap in them, stuff that actually fights for absorption in the body, the glues that combine them can alter absorption rates, etc…

If you choose to go with a multi-vitamin, don’t just buy the .25 cents per serving one. You want something like Poliquin sells, where it’s like 8 pills per serving and is going to run you a couple bucks a day.

I’ll second Don’t Want More,
I love Superfood. Been waiting a long time for Biotest to come out with it!!
My body sucks it up like a sponge.

I’ve never tried Superfood and have layed off the multi- vit a bit lately just trying to eat more balanced. How would you say the two compare?