T Nation

Supercompensation From Re-feed on a Cut

I’m trying to decide if it makes sense to do a depletion workout before my refeed while on a cut. The intent is to gain a “super-compensating” effect, while boosting leptin to get the metabolism goin again Would it be just a waste of time to do the depletion workout because I’ll drop carbs immediately afterwards,rendering the super-compensation null.

You realize you now need to follow-thru with this plan and perhaps report back with your results, right?

Cause otherwise it’d just be paralysis by analysis, right?

I take it by depletion workout you mean like a really high intensity, balls to the wall type hardass workout, then have a cheat meal?

sounds like a good idea to me. What do you think would be the problem?

[quote]McBEAST23 wrote:
I’m trying to decide if it makes sense to do a depletion workout before my refeed while on a cut. The intent is to gain a “super-compensating” effect, while boosting leptin to get the metabolism goin again Would it be just a waste of time to do the depletion workout because I’ll drop carbs immediately afterwards,rendering the super-compensation null.[/quote]

I like the depletion workout personally but not real high intensity. What I’ve found to work best for me is to schedule the biggest and hardest compound movements or weakest body parts after my weekend carb up while I’m full of glycogen and water and then taper off as the week goes on to easier movements or body parts that don’t need a lot of work. So monday its quads. Tuesday chest and shoulders. Wednesday I start running out of steam and glycogen but that’s ok because I do RDL’s and back which I’m strong on and arms which are small body parts. Then friday I do the full body depletion workout to set up for super comspensation. I also move quick through the friday workout with very little rest between sets trying to also burn lots of fat. I don’t go too intense or too heavy because I’ve notice (that probably due to too much stress and cortisol) I actually retain water and get fatter and I don’t carb up well. My carbs don’t seem to get stored until sunday when I start looking fuller and leaner if friday was too long or intense. Hope that helps.